- We are hiring immediately for full time HOURLY SOUS CHEF position.
- Location: Lexmark - 740 West New Circle Road, Lexington KY 40511 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full time schedule. Monday - Friday, 6:00 am - 3:00 pm. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: Previous culinary experience is preferred but not required. Willing to train!
Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
- Starting Pay: $20.00 per hour
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number .
The advertised program is a conversational recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions:
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to start your journey with us today!
Eurest is recognized worldwide for standards of service and excellence within the foodservice industry. Embracing an ownership mindset, Eurest leverages global resources, promotes a local presence and enriches the communities we serve. The Eurest Promise, "connect with people, inspire through food, create solutions, and live our promise," is exemplified throughout our organization. Eurest is proud to serve the world's most respected successful corporations, including many of the Fortune 500.
Summary: Helps Executive Chef prepare and cook foods. Coordinates activities of cooks and other food-service associates. Assumes responsibility for kitchen and food-service associates in the absence of Executive Chef.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cooks and prepares food following approved recipes and production standards. Ensures all deadlines are met based on production orders.
- Supervises hourly food service associates. Includes interviewing, scheduling, payroll, training, counseling, participating in reviews and recommending disciplinary action, as appropriate.
- Stores food in designated areas following all corporate, state and federal food safety and sanitation procedures.
- Ensures proper food handling, presentation, portion control and maintenance of appropriate serving temperatures.
- Maintains sanitation of equipment, supplies and utensils. Cleans workstation thoroughly before leaving area. Keeps display equipment clean and free of debris during meal service to comply with all sanitation, safety, production and merchandising requirements.
- Interacts with customers to resolve complaints in a friendly, service-oriented manner. Relays relevant information directly to supervisor.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of daily menu items and accurately explains them to associates and customers.
- Keeps up with peak production and service hours.
- Monitors inventory and deliveries of product and supplies. Tracks product production, consumption and waste. Informs supervisor when supplies or product are low.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates at Eurest are offered many fantastic benefits.
Full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates: Retirement Plan, Associate Shopping Program, Health and Wellness Programs, Discount Marketplace, Identity Theft Protection, Pet Insurance, Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
Full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance/AD, Disability Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act.
Eurest maintains a drug-free workplace.