With an inviting inn, a working farm, and dining and spa experiences that honor both the land and the seasons, Southall Farm & Inn is a place where creativity, connection, and collaboration flourish. The ideal location for corporate retreats, executive summits, and to reward top performers, here everyday distractions give way to enticing discoveries. It's a blend of tradition and innovation, fueled by curiosity and wonder-providing teams with the time and space to relax and build stronger bonds, or to focus and strategize.
The Assistant Banquet Manager will be a driving support force and supervision of various event locations on property, including The Orchard Event Center, Jammery, Hilltop Pavilion and other remote locations. Working closely with the Banquet Operations Manager and will represent the Food and Beverage team and will be instrumental in the upholding of the service culture and standards Southall Farm & Inn.
The Assistant Banquet Manager's responsibilities will include the PM shift oversight of Southall's Event Center and several outdoor event spaces as well as the following areas:
- Food and Beverage programming such as F&B demonstrations in the Jammery
- Mixology programing in the Event center by incorporating product from the agricultural components of the farm, including our production field, orchard, greenhouses, apiary and kitchen gardens.
- Oversight of property-wide event activations to social, group and corporate clientele
- Reporting to the Assistant Banquet Manager will be a team of Banquet captains, servers, bartenders and housemen
- Responsibilities will include but not be limited to: Scheduling, inventory, product ordering, training and managing the staff, and maintaining the highest levels of quality and control possible
- Able to manage the business, conduct inventory, labor cost, beverage cost, and operating costs should be monitored and kept in line
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years in the industry with a focus on Banquet operation
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working in a high-end hotel or resort
- Experience with Relais & Chateaux and Forbes standards is preferred but not required.
- Delphi software knowledge preferred.
- Award winning background and track record of excellence and success
- Effective management of budgets and P&L to achieve overall profitability.
- Polished verbal and written communication, fluent in English with the ability to communicate articulately with our executive team.
- Excellent training skills, positively interacts with all team members and guests.
- Detail orientation and able to maintain a surgical clean work environment.
- Polished and professional appearance
- Recruitment of staff, design effective schedules and coach performance
- Plugged into industry trends and inventive to set new trends
- Customer service oriented with unquestioned hospitality skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays as necessary
- Ability to meet physical and mental requirements of the position which will include working indoors and outside
Education and Requirements
- 4-year college degree preferred, but combination of education and relevant position training and experience will be considered.
- Must be able to push, pull and lift 50 lbs
- Available to work weekends, evenings and/or holidays
- Must be able to walk and stand for prolonged periods as needed and able to work in all weather conditions