The Pastry Sous Chef is responsible for supervising and assisting in the preparation of pastry items based on standardized recipes for the Restaurant Room Service Employee Cafeteria and Banquets while maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness sanitation and safety in the kitchen work and storage areas while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production ratio. Exempt associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities.
Exempt managers must customarily and regular direct the work of at least 3 full-time associates or their equivalents. Primary duties must consist of administrative executive or professional tasks more than 50 percent of the time and job duties must also involve the use of discretion and independent judgement more than 50 percent of the time.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of related experience. Or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 to 2 years of related experience or a Culinary Degree with 1 to 2 years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field.
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive friendly courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol Awareness CPR and First Aid
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Maintain food costs within budget guidelines.
- Establish and maintain a file of recipe cards according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Attend Weekly F&B Meeting.
- Conduct monthly department meetings with kitchen staff according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Motivate coach counsel and discipline all Kitchen personnel according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Review kitchen staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to accounting on a timely basis.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and provide training on a rotational basis using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Be responsible for developing a manager as assigned by the Corporate Office including sign-off on all competencies and assist in his/her placement.
- Prepare and conduct all Kitchen interviews and follow hiring procedures according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Conduct all 90 day and annual employee performance appraisals according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Ensure implementation of all Aimbridge Hospitality policies and all house rules.
- Prepare implement and maintain a record of food specifications.
- Oversee all kitchen work areas including cooks and stewards.
- Prepare employee shift schedule according to the business forecast payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements. Present the Schedule and the Wage Progress Report to the General Manager weekly.
- Ensure that wage progress and productivity reports are competed accurately and on a timely basis according to
- Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Ensure compliance to brand and company training using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Maintain a clean kitchen by implementing and maintaining a standard of 'Clean As You Go.'
- Maintain proper record keeping (receiving tickets invoices transfer logs) according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Supervise staff in all food preparation including proper receiving and storage of all food and food-related items.
- Expedite peak meal periods by maintaining a 'hands on' approach.
- Complete all paperwork required by Aimbridge Hospitality on a timely basis.
- Review B.E.O.s and attend the Daily B.E.O. Meeting.
- Develop and adhere to kitchen budget according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Participate in and oversee monthly food inventories.
- Cost out breakfast and salad buffets quarterly (at a minimum).
- Participate in special F&B promotions and critique them after implementation.
- Ensure competitive bidding and adhere to corporate purchasing guidelines.
- Develop and implement systems to control waste.
- Review/change menus as per corporate directive and hold menu tastings after a menu change.
- Recommend to General Manager all kitchen operating supplies and capital purchases required.
- Maintain awareness of local competition and industry trends.
- Develop employee morale and ensure training of all Kitchen personnel.
- Train all kitchen staff to Aimbridge Hospitality standards using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers employees and other departments.
- Ensure that Kitchen employees are at all times attentive friendly helpful and courteous to guests all other employees and managers.
- Maintain follow through for all guest requests ad complaints presented to the kitchen.
- Determine and price daily special. Ensure specials are served to standard plated properly and evaluated for success/repeat use.
- Develop production schedule for work assignments.
- Establish and maintain key control system.
- Attend monthly all-employee meetings and any other functions as required by management.
- Ensure that plating standards and use records are posted according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Review food sales for accuracy daily.
- Review menu abstracts P.O.S. report and daily food cost report.
- Operate and be able to make changes in P.O.S. system.
- Maintain an '86'd' item board.
- Plan employee menus and oversee Employee Breakroom.
- Oversee all outlets and banquet food display merchandising including prop use and buffet decoration.
- Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases vouchering schedules forecasts reports and tracking logs.
- Assist the General Manager and Engineering Department in implementing and maintaining emergency procedures.
- Maintain required pars of all stock.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager.
Be a part of the South's most iconic hotel in the heart of the most legendary city. Known for our personalized and genuine service, Windsor Court's diverse family of service professionals lead by caring for others and caring for each other. We are looking for dynamic and passionate individuals who are committed to growing their career in luxury hospitality and being great stewards for the city of New Orleans.
Surrounded by a city chock full of history, Windsor Court Hotel invites travelers to make their own memories just steps from the French Quarter. From romance to relaxation to traditional New Orleans celebrations, guests will find the best of all worlds at our award-winning hotel. Rich in style and French-inspired décor, our elegant retreat embraces the spirit and hospitality of the city while staying loyal to the luxury guests love.
Earning four diamonds from AAA and four stars from Forbes, our New Orleans hotel is determined to stay distinguished, just like the city itself. Whether guests are looking to spend their days in the French Quarter or Central Business District - each within walking distance of our front doors - or prefer to lose track of time taking in views from our rooftop pool and exploring our art collection, we'll turn your vacation fantasies into your fondest lifelong memories. Top adventures off with a trip to our spa followed by some sipping and savoring at our award-winning restaurants, lounges and tea room and visitors will start to see why just one stay at Windsor Court Hotel isn't enough.
. click apply for full job details