TRAVELING CHEFS needed to travel among our 130 hotels in 18 states (and growing!) to provide customer service to guests of our hotels by performing the below duties at an above market starting wage!
Candidates must have:
- Valid Driver License
- Insurance driving record
- Proof of vehicle insurance
- Reliable transportation
Candidates will receive food/mileage reimbursements and hotel accommodations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Hires, schedules, orients, trains and develops workers including but not limited to: specific job duties, food production, sanitation, safety, guest satisfaction and KHC/franchise policies/procedures.
- Cooks and carves meats, and prepares dishes, such as sauces, during rush periods and for banquets and other social functions.
- Plans or participates in planning menus, preparing and portioning foods and utilizing food surpluses and leftovers to prevent spoilage and waste.
- Specifies number of servings to be made from any vegetable, meat, beverage and dessert to control portion costs.
- Supervises kitchen personnel to ensure cleanliness of kitchen and equipment is within required sanitation guidelines.
- Cooks and tastes, smells, and observes food to ensure conformance with recipes, appearance standards and guest satisfaction.
- Supervises workers engaged in inventory, storage, and distribution of foodstuffs and supplies.
- Inventories and purchases foodstuffs, kitchen supplies, and equipment per KHC purchasing guidelines.
- Assists in developing and maintains budget for kitchen area.
- Assists in setting prices to be charged for food items.
- Meets with sales staff, customers, or client groups to resolve menu inconsistencies or to plan menus for special occasions.
KHC POLICIES: Responsible for following all KHC policies and procedures as set forth in the KHC handbook and property specific guidelines/standards. These policies include dress code, safety, and performance standards. Employees must also maintain a professional image and report to work as scheduled.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises 1-25 employees in the Kitchen Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (BA) from four-year college or university; or one to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation/maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to complaints or inquiries from groups of managers, customers or employees in person, via telephone or in writing. Ability to communicate effectively before groups of customers or employees in person, via telephone or in writing.
Ability to understand, interpret, develop and manipulate accounting concepts such as budgeting, cost analysis, financial planning, percentages, turnover, general ledger, accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable and purchasing.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, develop solutions and plan ahead. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions in mathematical, formula or procedural form and deal with several abstract variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
May require franchise specific certification. ServSafe certification a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to handle, grasp or type. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, bend or twist; talk or hear; and to push, pull or lift over 10 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to sit and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles, temperature extremes from subzero freezers, ovens, fryers, stoves and grills, and extreme heat from fryers, broilers, ovens and warmers and regularly works with moving mechanical parts such as slicers, dishwashers and sharpeners. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, mild risk of electrical shock, and blood-borne pathogens and occasionally works with toxic or caustic chemicals and power equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CRISIS MANAGEMENT: Must be able to handle a crisis in a calm, effective manner. This includes upset guests, fire, tornado, armed robbery and assault, bomb threats and accidents.