The Omni Nashville Hotel was specially created to be an authentic expression of Nashville's vibrant music culture. Across from the new Music City Center, the luxury hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience, fully integrated with an expansion of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on four levels. Located on Fifth Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Blvd. The Omni Nashville Hotel design is a modern expression of the city's distinct character, incorporating natural materials, exposed steel and regional limestone. The multi-story hotel and expanded museum shares meeting and entertainment space and brings additional restaurants and retail venues to this dynamic destination in downtown Nashville. The Omni Nashville Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Nashville may be your perfect match.
Omni Nashville Hotel is excited to offer competitive wages and benefits, growth opportunities, paid time off, and hotel stay discounts! If you love hospitality, and have a passion to serve others then you'll love working with the Omni Nashville Hotel - apply today!
Provide high quality standards and procedures in preparing/serving all banquet food. Based on experience, qualified candidates will be placed in Cook 1 (advanced) Cook 2 (intermediate) or Cook 3 (entry level) positions.
- Prepare all items on BEO's or cover sheets according to standard procedure or otherwise told by supervisor.
- Prepare all items on prep list following standard procedure or otherwise told by supervisor.
- Always maintain high quality by inspecting all food products for quality when working on prep list and service line.
- Check portion control, weights and counts prior to function.
- Fire all food in accordance to 30-minute SOP
- Maintain/check cooking times and temperatures.
- Follow all storage procedures when taking food out of walk-in and when returning food to walk-in.
- Always maintain cleanliness of work area.
- Keep walk-in, prep area and equipment up to Health Department standards at all time.
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull, and line set up. Note any out of stock items or possible shortages.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Cooperate with other cooks to prepare events or special requirements on meals.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned by Culinary leadership.
- Minimum 6 months (for entry level) to 3 years (advanced) relevant culinary experience, preferably in high volume upscale hotel banquet operation.
- Must be familiar with batch and quantity cooking.
- Thorough knowledge of food handling and preparation techniques.
- Basic math skills needed to understand and implement recipes and measurements.
- Good eye/hand coordination needed to use all kitchen equipment.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced high-pressure work environment while executing delegated tasks and assignments, maintaining quality per Omni standards.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up.
- Ability to produce high volumes of work while maintaining quality per Omni standards.
- Requires a working knowledge of sanitation standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as organizational skills.
- Must be able to utilize culinary tools (knives, commercial equipment, etc.) and taste/smell.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Move, bend, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 40 pounds without assistance.
- Stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift.
- Position requires repetitive motion and consistent use of arms and hands.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster () and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement () If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to .
Posted Date6 days ago(9/14/2023 5:03 PM)
Requisition ID 9
of Openings 3 Category (Portal Searching) Culinary