Location: Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/IL Lugano
Position Type: Management
The starting pay range for this position is $55,000 - $60,000 annually.
Chef and Kitchen Manager
Are you a sous chef that wants to advance and the opportunity never seems to open up? Are ready to get your own shop? Ready to create your own menus? Get in on the ground level in time to reimagine the Oria Waterfront Lounge and Terrace. Show us what you've got and apply today! Our next Kitchen and Chef Manager needs to be instinctive and flexible with an eye for detail and presentation. Our staff works to prepare meals for a large number of guests, which are the center stage of their dining experience. You are the kitchen leader that conducts our team to create and plate beautiful masterpieces for our guests.
This position may require flexible scheduling availability.
- Responsible for food and beverage budget and cost control of food, beverage and labor.
- Keep the kitchen running smoothly and adequately stocked with all necessary goods.
- Monitor and maintain highest standards of food and beverage quality, guest service, cost control and consistency of service.
- Comply with all safety and health department procedures and all state and federal liquor laws.
- Maintain Island's safety and sanitation standards.
- Monitor and enforce inventory controls.
- Execute all food and beverage menus and recipes under the guidance of the VP of Food and Beverage.
- Complete all food and beverage orders weekly.
- Complete both food and beverage inventories monthly.
- Complete food and beverage schedules and payroll.
- Accurately forecast expenses
- Analyze financial and operational information on an ongoing basis to adjust business plans, labor requirements, and operating costs
- Identify major revenue and expense opportunities and possible problems
- Assist team leaders in meeting and exceeding AOS goals
- Manage human resources functions for kitchen team members including recruiting, onboarding, training, performance evaluations, pay and reward programs
- Plan and manage the procurement, productions, preparation, and presentation of all food in the hotel in a safe, sanitary, and cost-effective manner
- Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of kitchen equipment and related areas to ensure a healthy, safe work environment
- Execute and promote the Accident Prevention Program to minimize liabilities and related expenses
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food and beverage profession. This includes experiential knowledge required for the management of people and/or complex problems and food and beverage management
- Ability to follow brand and IHM standard operating procedures to prepare food and beverage items
- Highly motivated team player with strong initiative and desire for achievement
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary
- Ability to work well in stressful situations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Island Hospitality is committed to employee development and displays that commitment with a formalized training and development program providing a clear path for any employee with a desire and aptitude to thrive in the hospitality business. As team members join Island Hospitality from other organizations they too can build on that prior experience and find further growth opportunities within our company by utilizing the tools and resources offered.
Team Member Wellness Program: How We Thank You For All You Bring To The Team
Rewarding Benefits Package:
- Healthcare including Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- HSA & FSA plans available!
- Dependent care FSA
- Identity Theft Protection Insurance
- Commuter benefits including transit & parking
- Pet Insurance
- PTO and Payroll Incentives for Annual Wellness Exams
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Subscriptions including access to gyms, financial planning, counseling, and legal services
- Paid Sick and Vacation Time
- Family Leave
- 401(k) Retirement plan - IHM Matches 100% up to 3% of your salary and an extra 50% on the next 2% of your salary. 401(k) is fully vested upon the first contribution
Rewarding Hard Work:
- Incentive based bonus program
- Free room nights at our hotels and employee discounts within your hotel brand
- Discounts for friends and family within your hotel brand
- Team Member of the Month, Quarter, and Year recognition and bonus
- Discounted tickets to theme parks, musicals, movies, and more through Tickets at Work
- Career Growth through our in-house training program with a path personalized to your desired goals
- Referral bonus program to ANY of our locations
Equal Opportunity Employer
Island Hospitality uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization in all municipalities where it is required by law.