Now Hiring: Sous Chef
We are looking for a Sous Chef to joinour team at Spring Hills Hunters Creek as soon as possible. We are a well-established, luxury assisted living and memory care community in Orlando metropolitan area.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package to our employees:
- Competitive pay!
- Reward Points Program - earn points for attendance that can be redeem on gift cards, merchandise and more!
- Employee Referral Bonus - $750 for referring a Full-Time employee to our community.
- Resident Referral Bonus - $1,500 for referring a resident to our community.
- Annual Longevity Bonus - starting at $200.
- Paid Vacation Time - starting at 2 weeks.
- Paid Sick/Incidental Time.
- Holiday Pay.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance.
- Life Insurance and AD&D - fully paid for by the company.
- 401K Match - company will match 100% of the first 4%. 100% vested after 3 years.
- Flexible Spending Account.
- Employee Exclusive Discount program by Perkspot.
- Employee Appreciation Events.
- Mentor Program
Our company is defined by our motto of "Caring with a Commitment to Quality" by aspiring to the highest professional standards, while providing care and services in a nourishing, compassionate environment that supports the health and well-being of each of our residents. We are a premiere health care provider in the communities that we service.
Sous Chef - Position Summary:
The Sous Chef is responsible for the overall culinary operations in the kitchen area. The Sous Chef is accountable for the quality and timeliness of all food products. This position reports directly to the Director of Dining.
Sous Chef - Duties:
- Collaborates with the Director of Dining to plan menu requirements, serving arrangements, guest comments and other related details.
- Trains and monitors all levels of cooks and chefs for proper skills and service, and maintaining proper and fresh mise-en-place.
- Enforces the storage and disposal of food items according to company rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of food handling procedures with regard to public health standards.
- Meets overall established timeframes for the entire food service operation.
- Establishes and ensures adherence to all product: quality, consistency, presentation, portioning, garnishment, and utilization goals.
- Maintains standards of hygiene throughout the kitchen
- With Director of Dining, maintains overall food and labor costs within budgetary guidelines.
- Demonstrating the proper operation of all equipment to staff according to proper procedures, and testing equipment to ensure accuracy of temperature gauges, heating or cooling elements, etc.
- Works in a clean, sanitary, safe, and organized manner, abiding by all health and safety regulations.
Sous Chef - Experience And Education:
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate); 3 plus years experience, or an equivalent of education and experience; culinary degree a plus.
- ServSafe certification is required.