Overview "IF YOU CREATE THE STAGE SETTING AND IT IS GRAND, EVERYONE WHO ENTERS WILL PLAY THEIR PART." - Morris Lapidus A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus - a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. Guests are invited to enter a world where they are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax - however they define a perfect day. Situated on oceanfront Collins Avenue in the heart of Millionaire's Row, Fontainebleau Miami Beach is one of the most historically and architecturally significant hotels on Miami Beach. Opened in 1954 and designed by Morris Lapidus, it was the most luxurious hotel on Miami Beach, and is thought to be the most significant building of Lapidus' career.
Responsibilities Responsible to assist the Chef de Partie with the working requirements of the day-to-day operations while maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and sanitation in designated work areas. Examples of Duties, includes but is not limited to the following: 1. Prepare mise-en-place in advance of cooking process: review recipe; check and measure necessary ingredients; wash, chop, and place ingredients in individual bowls; and retrieve and prepare for use all necessary equipment 2. Prepare and handle fruits, vegetables, salads, and fish according to the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) program guidelines. 3. Check and clean refrigerators, trolleys, utensils, and kitchen equipment on a daily basis.4. Maintain the specific kitchen area clean and hygienic.5. Pick up products from stores in accordance with HACCP guidelines and Company policies.6. Perform other related duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Knowledge of statutory requirements regarding health and safety, sanitation, proper chemical usage, fire procedures, and HACCP.
- Knowledge of all kitchen equipment operations.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with management, staff, and guests.
- High school education or equivalent. Culinary training or accredited apprenticeship program preferred.
- Relevant experience in a high quality, high volume, and multi-unit operations preferred.