Menlo Park - Edison, NJ
$17.00 - $19.00 Hourly
Restaurant - Food Service
Hosts and Hostesses must be able to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced setting while demonstrating genuine hospitality. They are the first and last impression of Havana Central and play an essential part of the guest dining experience. In addition, the host stand controls the flow of the restaurant by effectively seating our guests in a timely manner.
As a host you will also be responsible to:
- Answer the phone with a smile
- Engage guests in friendly conversation as you walk them to their table
- Manage the restaurant wait list during high volume to accurately set guest expectations
- Sincerely thank guests as they leave and invite them to return
- Ability to work positively in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work quickly and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to assist guests and possess great guest relations skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. as needed.
- Continuous use of hands and arms as well as bending, reaching and twisting.
Havana Central LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. HC does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Our culture promotes open-door policies and putting our team first! We pride ourselves on delivering authentic Cuban cuisine that is made in scratch kitchens.
Employer complies with safety and health standards and regulations including guidelines for social distancing, sanitization, health screenings, and personal protection equipment (PPE) in our health and safety plan.
To learn more about HC visit: