The Kitchen Supervisor oversees the day to day activities in the kitchen to ensure all activities take place without concern.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and at least 1 year of experience in stewarding kitchen maintenance kitchen operations or similar with at least one year experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of food and beverage service operation preferred.
- Complies with certification requirements as applicable for position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol Awareness CPR and First Aid
- Demonstrates familiarity with all Aimbridge Hospitality policies and house rules as well as hospitality terminology.
- Has or can acquire Food Manager Certification (applicable state).
- Approaches all encounters with guests and associates in a friendly service oriented manner.
- Controls and analyzes cost breakage and quality support provided to outlets banquets and other areas of all china glass and silver. Assists the Executive Chef maintain the culinary supplies.
- Monitors condition and cleanliness of equipment
- Monitors condition and cleanliness of all kitchen areas.
- Monitors cooking procedures safety measures kitchen inventory kitchen budget.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual stewarding operating budget which supports the overall objectives of the Food & Beverage Department
- Educates associates on current safety issues to ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations.
- Informs management of hazardous situations emergencies or threats to security of guests employees or hotel assets
- Determines the minimum and maximum stock and control the par stocks of all materials and equipment.
- Leads supervises and directs the Stewarding department and prepares/conducts performance evaluations.
- Ensures all kitchen associates fulfill their job functions appropriately.
- Ensures the highest levels of sanitation and cleanliness of all facilities and equipment.
- Ensures the proper handling of all chemicals.
- Attends meetings as necessary.
- Assists with other duties as needed which may include but is not limited to providing assistance with food dish-up completing set-up sheets etc.
- Maintains open communication with other departments.
An inspired stay awaits at Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge. With our central location, travelers can easily access desired destinations including The Morton Arboretum, Toyota Park and Brookfield Zoo. Travel plans become effortless thanks to our location near Chicago Midway International Airport. After a day of adventures, guests can retire to our rooms and suites complete with stylish décor. Designed to meet a high-tech lifestyle, our accommodations offer an array of amenities including high-speed Wi-Fi and 50-inch Smart TVs. Later, guests can eat and drink with a scenic lake view at our on-site restaurant, Ciazza. Our hotel also serves energizing cups of Starbucks coffee to help start the day. We also offer a pool and a well-managed exercise room boasting an array of cardio equipment and free weights. Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge exceeds every travel expectation.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in all 50 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more details
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
Job ID: 35
Street: 1200 Burr Ridge Parkway