Cafeteria Cook - Jacksonville
- preparing, cooking, and serving meals for Publix associates
- the responsibilities listed on this posting are not intended to be all-inclusive and additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Hours of Work:
2:00pm - 10:30pm Tues - Sat
Frequency of Pay:
Minimum Base Pay:
Your application may have additional steps that you will need to complete in order to remain eligible for consideration. Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, on a daily basis for critical, time-sensitive emails that could require action within 24-48 hours.
Please do not use your Publix email address when applying. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
9800 W. Beaver St
Other Compensation Information:
- Night differential: A $.75 per hour night differential is paid to associates regularly scheduled to work any hours between midnight and 3:00 a.m. (this does not include shifts that end at midnight or begin at 3:00AM).
- Weekend premium pay: $2 per hour weekend premium pay is available
Year End Bonus:
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in November. In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week's pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks' pay.
Maximum Base Pay:
- be at least 18 years old
- be able to work nights
- be able to work weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
- have knowledge of cooking principles
- have at least one year of cooking experience in an environment where a variety of entrees and methods are used (for example, a restaurant, Publix cafeteria, or culinary school)
- have Food Safety Professionals certification or equivalent certification (within 90 days of his or her start date in the position)
- be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- be able to read, write, and solve math problems
- successfully complete a Basic Office Skills Test (before his or her start date in the position)
- be able to interpret, understand, and follow instructions
- be able to stand for long periods of time
- be able to bend, stoop, and twist
- have the ability to work well with others and be a team member
- show enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work and
- show commitment to Publix's mission.
- have more than one year of cooking experience in an environment where a variety of entrees and methods are used (for example, a restaurant, Publix cafeteria, or culinary school) and
- have Food Safety Professionals Certification or equivalent certification
Potential Annual Base Pay:
29,848 - 41,288
Temperatures could range from 0 degrees to 85 degrees Fahrenheit; also includes working in a wet environment.
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager's approval: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).