Share your passion for food and showcase your talent for creating delicious meals as a team member of College Fresh. As a College Fresh Chef creativity knows no bounds! You will have the freedom to run your own kitchen, design diverse and exciting menus and work closely with our partners! We are looking for someone to exemplify our core values of passion, integrity, support, client-focused, and communicative. Are you our secret ingredient? Apply today!
We know your time and talent are valuable. Here are just a few of the many benefits you can expect in your role as a College Fresh Chef:
- Exceptional work/life balance (limited late nights & weekends!)
- Competitive pay
- Eligible for up to 160 hours per academic year of paid vacation
- Health insurance (employer shared premium), dental insurance, vision insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid sick leave
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Covered costs for food handler training and certification
Responsible for the entire food service program of assigned College Fresh accountas a direct outreach of College Fresh's vision and goals of fresh, made from scratch food and outstanding customer service.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Culinary Arts degree and/or a minimum of 2 years of catering experience. Must be able to demonstrate extensive knowledge of food preparation, kitchen management, menu planning, organization, and leadership.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a current Servsafe Food Protection Manager certificate or equivalent, from a nationally recognized or approved certification program.
- Order, stock, prepare and serve food to residents at designated College Fresh account. Prepare all foods on the menu, maintain the kitchen and all food service areas in accordance with public health guidelines and the highest/freshest quality levels.
- Develop and post weekly menus while submitting them to themenu sharing system in advance as directed by management.
- Manage the budget, organize and submit invoices as directed by management.
- Keep complete and legible copies of all receipts for purchases made on company VISA card by utilizing the company expense tracking system
- Receive inventory, stock all supplies/staples and adhere to all management, client, state and local cleanliness and sanitation regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service and represent College Fresh in a professional manner by addressing clients needs, requests and concerns in a prompt, professional and courteous manner.
- Assist Regional Manager with subordinate staff hiring and training as required.
- Prepare occasional special event meals such as recruitment, homecoming, Dads Day, Moms Day, etc. as required.
- Perform routine assignments such as dishwashing, mopping, garbage removal, etc., if required and/or in the absence of dedicated staff.
- All other duties as assigned and/or agreed upon with Regional Manager.
This job operates in a kitchen environment, housed with equipment such as ovens, stoves, dishwashers, slicers, coffee machines, steamers, mixers and chefs knives. The employee is frequently exposed to heat, steam, fire and noise.
College Fresh participates in E-Verify for all new hires during their onboarding process. Further questions regarding this process can be direct to College Fresh Human Resources at .
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 30 pounds or less.
- The employee is required to stand for extended periods of time.
- The position requires the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.