Join our culinary leadership team at the Thompson Denver Hotel!
When you stay at a Thompson Hotel, you are welcomed as a resident. With intuitive service, each guest is provided a tailored experience, enhancing personal travel journeys and bridging connections to the local perspective. Our hotels are located in timeless destinations, creating the kind of distinct experiences that can transform your day, your trip or even your life.
This is not your typical career opportunity. At Thompson Denver, a member of the Hyatt collection, we believe our team members can thrive in an empowered, supportive, creative and energetic environment.
We're looking for an individual who embodies the luxury lifestyle experience. An ideal Thompson team member has a passion for creating unique experiences, that can quickly perpetuate a culture of great design and superlative service, with a sharp sense of humor. This candidate will have a passion for exceptional hotel service and who can express that belief in an atmosphere of spontaneity and authenticity.
The Pastry Chef at the Thompson Denver hotel will be responsible for the overall execution and preparation of all pastry items throughout the hotel property, including but not limited to Duel, our in-house coffee shop, Chez Maggy, our restaurant, and banquet events.
- Lead the pastry team by delegating preparation projects and quality control.
- Hands on execution of desserts in Chez Maggy Restaurant as well as in banquets.
- Control waste through proper use of prep lists and recipe development.
- Ensure the products are of the highest quality by proper rotation and executing par levels.
- Scheduling of hourly colleagues in the Pastry department.
- Managing the cleanliness and sanitation in the pastry kitchen.
- Managing orders of products specific to the pastry department.
- Maintain a great team work environment and promote morale in the pastry department.
- Provide pastry amenities for hotel guests, (macaroons, chocolate covered strawberries, petit fours, etc. )
- Lead the pastry team in the production of in-house breads and breakfast pastries, scratch made and parbaked products.
- Communicate effectively with the F&B Leadership team, Sales and Events to ensure seamless execution.
This position is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate who has an ambitious attitude, and the drive to lead a small pastry team. If you have a great sense of humor, the ability to work in a high-volume environment, and scratch pastry production experience we want to hear from you!
The budgeted salary range is $61,500 - 66,000. Actual pay will be commensurate with experience.
Benefits: We have you covered with an awesome rewards package! Health and welfare plans? We have a range of choices for you and your eligible dependents. Financial wellbeing? Got it! Opt into our 401(k) plan, College Saving Plan or the Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Oh, and we don't want to leave out our lifestyle benefits! Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave, paid Family Bonding Time, Adoption Assistance, discounted and complimentary rooms at Hyatt locations across the globe, free colleague meals during shifts, wellbeing & educational assistance and many more! Don't forget, colleagues are able to use accrued vacation time after 90 days of employment!
Hyatt is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Refined verbal and written communication skills.
- Typically requires specialized training or education in pastry
- Effective communication throughout hotel departments
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays
Primary Location: US-CO-Denver
Organization: Thompson Denver
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: DEN008651
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.