Arcis Golf team members thrive on anticipating needs, forging connections, and elevating experiences for our team, members, and guests. We are an inclusive team of unique individuals who show up each day with a grateful spirit, humble heart, and a genuine respect for one another.
Partner with the Executive Chef to direct and coordinate activities of the culinary department, lead the culinary team, maintain established operational standards. In addition, may have responsibility for a specific department such as Banquets or a la carte service.
- Ensure compliance with the national programs such as Menu Program, Approved Product List and Inventory procedures.
- Responsible for selection, development and retention of talented culinary staff.
- Supervise employees in the daily operation of the kitchen to ensure quality and timeliness of product.
- Ensure financial targets are being met and appropriate accounting procedures are being followed consistently.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Ensure kitchen is clean and sanitary and is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws.
- Required to work any position in the kitchen as needed.
- Required to assist in creating menus, custom menus, features and more as needed.
- Maintains constant communication between departments and keeps other departments informed about special programs and events.
- Previous experience in a lead culinary role
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree, culinary degree or certificate preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, planning and organizational skills
- Experience supervising others and leading a team preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Will often be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Certification and/or License Requirement: Food service permit as required by local or state government agency. ServSafe certification must be obtained within 30 days of hire.
Physical / Cognitive Activities:
This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions. Rather, its purpose is to give the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental activities of the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he or she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodations.
The major responsibility in this position is to direct the operations in the culinary departments. A majority of time will be spent moving about the kitchen, handling various products and utensils, lifting of up to 50 pounds and interacting with staff and outside contacts.
Communication skills are used a significant amount of the time when interacting with guests or staff members and when giving instructions
A significant portion of time will be spent reviewing budgets, revenues, inventories and requisitions, requiring a great deal of reasoning and thinking skills.
Since the employee in this position oversees several employees, a vast amount of time is spent utilizing problem solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities.
Mathematical skills such as profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are used often.
Arcis Golf provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Arcis participates in E-Verify, the government program that certifies an employee's right to work for us in the U.S.