At Stratton, we are a team of people who work extremely hard and take our jobs very seriously, without forgetting how to laugh and have fun. We choose people that display the talent and attitude that exemplify the high level of service our guests expect and deserve. Our vision is to be A BOLD MOUNTAIN COMMUNITY CULTIVATING EXTRAORDINARY EXPERIENCES.
BESIDES GETTING PAID TO WORK AT AN INCREDIBLE RESORT, WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Stratton's team members are rewarded with job experience, opportunities for career advancement and some great lifestyle perks for our seasonal team members including:
- Stratton season pass for all employees
- Free or discounted (depending on classification) season pass for dependents - this includes spouse &.children under 26 years old
- Alterra Mountain Company Employee Pass - free lift access & discounts (depending on classification) at all Alterra owned resorts - dependents too!
- Unlimited introduction letters for 50% off day tickets at IKON partner resorts (depending on classification)
- Discounted golf, mountain biking and fitness center memberships
- Employee childcare rates & discounted seasonal programs for self & dependents (depending on classification)
- Retail and Food and Beverage discounts
- Industry/Pro-form discounts
- 12 - $25 lift tickets for your friend & family guests (depending on classification)
- Onsite medical clinic
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid sick time
Additional perks & benefits for year round employees
Stratton Mountain Resort is currently seeking qualified Chef de Cuisines to join the Food and Beverage Family! The Chef de Cuisine will be responsible for all aspects of their respective outlet. They will ensure the menu is prepped and executed well, train kitchen staff, collaborate with the other chefs and restaurant management, optimize staff productivity, and step in to help wherever needed.
To ensure success, you should have excellent leadership skills with experience managing a team of kitchen staff in a high-pressure environment. Top candidates are creative individuals with a passion for great food and excellent service. This position is a benefit eligible, full-time year-round position with a salary ranging from $55,00 to $65,000 per year.
- Responsible for all hiring and training of kitchen employees for assigned restaurant.
- Created schedules for all BOH employees according to business levels and budgets.
- Works with FOH manager to ensure the quality of food and service levels are up to Stratton standards.
- Works with FOH Manager to ensure all monthly safety trainings and facility audits are being performed for consistently restaurant.
- Works with FOH manager to make sure all NPS comments are responded to in an appropriate timeframe and manner.
- Follows all food safety and sanitation standards, does weekly sanitation audits, maintains safety records.
- Responsible, with FOH Manager, for the appearance and maintenance of the restaurant, reporting any needs to Resort Executive Chef and Resort Maintenance department.
- Assists in creating annual budget under the guidance of the Resort Executive Chef and Resort F&B Director.
- Works with Resort F&B leadership team on Menu/ Recipe development.
- Responsible for ordering all food products for assigned restaurant.
- Input of all invoices into accounting system.
- Accurate counting and input of monthly inventory.
- May be required to assist other outlets/Executive Chef with other duties assigned including catered events, special functions and to fill staffing needs at other outlets.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- EDUCATION: CULINARY DEGREE/CERTIFICATE PREFERRED
- EXPERIENCE: 2-5 YEARS KITCHEN MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
- Current Servsafe food protection manager certification
• Occasional recruiting trips
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
• Ability to lift and carry at least 50 pounds
• Ability to stand on feet for shifts of 8 hours or longer
• Ability to work in both hot and freezing temperatures throughout one shift
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Food Service Environment:
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length at a time over an average shift of 8 hours.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to climb or balance and taste or smell.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds on a regular and continuing basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to: non slip footwear and gloves.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer