- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid vacation, paid Holidays
- 401k plan with employer match
- Long and short-term Disability
- Major Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Limited access to some resort amenities (Golf, etc)
- Retail and dining discounts
- Discounts at all Crescent Hotels & Resorts properties
The lake life is calling. Where genuine Texas Hospitality meets luxury, Horseshoe Bay Resort is nestled on the shores of beautiful Lake LBJ in the Central Texas Hill Country. We're on 17,000 acres with close proximity to Austin, multiple lakes, State Parks, and some of the best golf in the United States; it's an outdoor lover's dream. When you work in paradise, is it still called work?
No matter your career destination, we can help you get there!
With our commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging, everyone can create their own success story at Horseshoe Bay Resort. Great benefits packages, subsidized housing, competitive pay, and scheduled reviews and raises, growth opportunity through our Manager in Training Program (MIT), and fun associate outings and events throughout the year are just a few of the MANY reasons to join our team. What are you waiting for?
- Associate housing and shuttle service
- Weekly meal subsidies
- Golf and Amenity Privileges
- Associate discounts
- Retail and Dining at Horseshoe Bay Resort
- Discounts at over 100 Crescent Hotels & Resorts properties throughout the country.
Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Associate Relief Fund
Privileges based on occupancy and business levels
Leads and coordinates the Guest Experience for all Guests ensuring each Guest receives unmatched service. The Lead Host coordinates and controls the flow of Guests at the front door by greeting arriving Guests, ensuring they are properly checked in and seated by a member of the Host Team, discussing options with Guests who are early or late for their reservation, or who arrive without a reservation, and effectively solving seating problems that arise over the course of the shift. The Lead Host is prepared for and capable of making adjustments in the moment, as needed, to ensure each Guest has a superior guest experience, balancing the Guests' needs with the needs of the restaurant and all other Guests dining in the restaurant that evening. The Lead Host also provides direction and coaching to the other members of the Host Team, while also performing the routine tasks of Host Team Members.
- Monitors the flow of the shift, anticipating issues that may arise, and proactively coordinating with the Manager on Duty to ensure a smooth shift.
- Manages the flow of reservations with a high degree of accuracy, making adjustments on the fly as needed to ensure a smooth shift.
- Manages walk-in traffic flow, seamlessly integrating walk-ins with reservations as needed.
- Leads the Host Team at the Front Door, providing direction, coaching, and training as needed.
- Ensures the Host Team is fully prepared to support the shift by ensuring they are briefed on covers, Private Dining events, celebrations, large parties, special requests, etc.
- Reports to work as indicated on the work schedule and in the correct uniform. Practices positive personal hygiene and cleanliness habits during all work shifts.
- Obtains staffing and station assignments for all servers, service assistants, runners, and bar staff from the Manager-on-Duty. Completes table/station chart with these assignments.
- Correctly completes all opening and side work duties of the host at the start of the shift, in a timely manner.
- Assists the Manager-on-Duty in planning reservations and assigning parties to appropriate tables, stations and/or servers.
- Answers the telephone in a timely, pleasant, and courteous manner. Correctly takes, confirms, and documents reservations.
- Immediately recognizes and greets arriving Guests, obtains Guests' names, provides names to servers, and directs Guests to the appropriate waiting areas.
- Escorts Guests to their assigned table.
- Controls the flow of business by practicing best-table mentality for each Guest, building of energy in dining room, rotation seating, anticipating table turns and following the reservation and seating plan.
- Accurately quotes waiting times to Guests and correctly maintains the "wait" list.
- Informs Manager-on-Duty when waiting times are running over times quoted to our Guests.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of the host stand and lobby area throughout the shift.
- Monitors and enforces social distancing requirements in waiting areas as dictated by state and local social distancing regulations.
- Communicates to the Manager-on-Duty any and all situations where a Guest may express concern or dissatisfaction with any aspect of the dining experience.
- Acknowledges all departing guests and invites them to return.
- Answers phone to support Take Out and Delivery orders.
- Takes, records, and rings all food and beverage items ordered by Take Out Guests.
- Receives Take Out orders from Food Runner or kitchen staff, checks for accuracy, and addresses any inaccuracies.
- Correctly presents the Takeout Guest check and coordinates payment for all food and beverages sold with Bartender.
- Addresses any Takeout Guest complaints.
- Completes all closing duties in a timely manner.
- Follows all national, state, and local safety, health, and sanitation guidelines as specified by the restaurant.
- Supports other Front-of-House positions as needed, providing a seamless Guest experience to all Guests.
- Performs all duties and maintains knowledge of all standards and procedures, as stated in the Horseshoe Bay Resort Employee Handbook.
- Assists Management with Shift Planning and Support by reviewing covers, private celebrations, large parties, and special requests, anticipating staffing levels and making recommendations on staffing levels to the Manager on Duty.
- Supports restaurant sales and labor targets by making recommendations on activities that could drive achievement of sales targets and recommendations on staffing levels of service team.
- Helps achieve daily guest count goals as assigned by management.
- Assists Private Dining execution by confirming Private Dining events 24 hours prior to the event and confirming requirements per the event contract with the host of the event (e.g., menu, room setting, timing); printing menus for the events, preparing the BEO package and coordinating with the Sales Team and Catering & Events Team.
- Additional duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES/PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: Guest First Mindset
- Demonstrates a Guest first mindset, placing a high priority on the Guest experience.
- Interacts regularly with Guests, demonstrating a genuine interest in Guests, and ensuring a superior dining experience for all Guests.
- Anticipates challenging situations at the Front Door and proactively acts to ensure a Superior Guest Experience for all Guests.
- Strong Hospitality focus, looking for ways to connect with Guests and make experience memorable.
- Must be able to read and write, demonstrating excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High proficiency with reservations/POS systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Microsoft Word) and e-mail (Outlook)
- Analytical, creative, and problem-solving skills focused on driving results.
- Ability to manage conflict, arriving at effective solutions to a wide variety of Guest situations.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively manage multiple demands on attention (i.e., manage multiple phone lines, manage in person Guests and Guests on the phone, etc.)
- Ability to enforce company dress code policy graciously and in a way that ensures Guests feel welcome and supported.
- Ability to understand Guest data (e.g., reservations, large parties, private dining, etc.) and communicate impact of the data to management regarding anticipated staffing levels, timing of Guests, impact on the kitchen, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to coach others, providing feedback effectively and in ways that drive behavior change.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision.
- Minimum age requirement - 16+ Food Handler's Certificate
- TABC Certificate & Tips Trained required if 18+ (to serve alcohol)
- Encourage OSHA Hazard Communication Standard training and certification.
Preferred Education and Work Experience:
- A minimum of 2 (years) years of Host, Customer Service, Management, or Leadership experience
- While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member must be able to stand, walk, talk, and hear for extended periods of time, at least 8 hours, and traverse all parts of the restaurant quickly.
- Ability to read, speak, write . click apply for full job details