Our employees are what make The Omni Homestead what it is. Since 1766, they've helped us offer guests an opportunity to enjoy Southern hospitality at its best. Located in the Allegheny Mountains of Virginia, we are a four-season resort that boasts superb restaurant dining experiences, championship golf, spa, winter sports and numerous other activities ideal for families and corporate outings.
The Omni Homestead's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Homestead may be your perfect match.
To assist servers in any way possible to ensure proper, prompt and courteous service to all guests.
- Station set-up
- Stock needed supplies in side stands.
- Continuously fill pitchers with ice water.
- Receive rolls and put in warmers.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the restaurant manager or captain.
- Pre-set breadbaskets lined with napkins.
- Station side work
- Pick-up linen.
- Check off and pick-up storeroom supplies.
- Set tables with clean, pressed linen, china, silver and glassware.
- Ensure furniture and floors are clean and arranged according to specifications.
- Assist servers during meal period.
- Remove any extra settings.
- Pour water.
- Serve rolls and butter as specified.
Hotel Specific Essential Functions:
- Flexibility in scheduling including availability on all holidays and weekends.
- Clear table of dirty dishes, silverware, glassware, and linens.
- Must be able to work split shifts and straight shifts.
- Willingness to cross-train and be scheduled in any dining outlet at resort.
- Ability to perform tea service.
- Must have or obtain ABC and ServeSafe certification.
- Takes ownership of situations and ensures satisfaction.
- Is empowered to solve guest issues.
- Knowledge of appropriate verbiage for fine dining setting.
- Willingness to accept direction and coaching.
- Basic understanding and speech of English language.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Continuous standing, walking, hand eye coordination, and carrying/lifting of 15 to 20 pounds.
Tools and Equipment:
- Computer and printer, typewriter, telephone, pen/pencil, photo-copying machine, file folders, filing cabinet, facsimile machine
- Interior of hotel, in all areas of the hotel.
- Exterior of hotel with exposure to weather conditions.
- Exposure to various hazardous chemicals.
- Exposure to food items and beverages
Job LocationsUS-VA-Hot Springs
Posted Date2 weeks ago(9/7/2023 1:46 PM)
Requisition ID 6
of Openings 1 Category (Portal Searching) Food & Beverage