We are looking for people who are passionate about life and what they do. People who love the mountain lifestyle and who want to be at Snowshoe! We seek qualified candidates that exemplify our Core Values of Performance, Integrity, Collaboration, Environment, and most of all Fun!
Our goal at Snowshoe is to provide exceptional mountain experiences for our guests, employees, and community. We do so by embracing authenticity, celebrating our differences, and finding ways we can all connect through our shared passion for the mountain. At Snowshoe everyone is welcome, and we encourage you to be yourself. Simply put, you belong up here and we can't wait to see you on the mountain!
Work, Play, Get Paid and Enjoy the Perks:
- Free skiing + riding privileges with direct to lift access at 14 iconic resorts including: Snowshoe Mountain, Stratton, Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat and more!
- 401(k) plan (Available to any employee over the age of 18)
- 12 Discounted Friends and Family $25 Winter Lift Ticket Vouchers
- 30% - 45% off Snowshoe food & beverage locations (excludes alcohol)
- 30% off soft goods and 15% off hard goods at Snowshoe owned retail locations.
- Pro Deals from some of the industries top brands such as Smartwool, Smith, Dakine and North Face
Join us for the Winter 23/24 Season! In this social position you get the opportunity to enjoy good conversation and good times while providing courteous service and professionally preparing high quality beverages, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic.
RESORT OVERVIEW, CULTURE AND VISION
Snowshoe is the premier destination for Mid-Atlantic and Southeast winter and summer enthusiasts. We offer 257 acres of skiable terrain, 1500 vertical feet, 57 ski trails and the best snow around. In the summer, our Bike Park is recognized as one of the best in the US. Enjoy our world class events, cool mountain temperatures, beautiful vistas and 11,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness. We hope to see you on the mountain soon.
Our organizational values describe our shared beliefs, the principles important to our organization; how we want to treat each other and our guests.
Integrity Performance Environment Fun Collaboration
- Mix and garnish beverages according to recipe and portion control standards
- Present and serve beverages to guests
- Check guests for proper identification and serve alcoholic beverages to guests in accordance with federal, state, local and company laws and regulations
- Accurately total, process and collect payments from guests to include, but not limited to, using the point-of sale system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, making change and processing gift certificates, cards and vouchers
- Stock and maintain the bar to include, but not limited to, beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments, glassware, ice and produce
- Cut, store and ensure product quality of all beverage-related perishables
- Respond professionally to inebriated guests, as needed
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Education: High School diploma
- Experience: 1 - 2yrs Full service bar/club/lounge
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Prepare drinks according to established recipes
- Ability to monitor and control the environments of the bar
- Able to perform mental math calculation and charge according to established price list
Any Alterra employee or volunteer who operates a company vehicle including cars, trucks, snowcats, snowmobiles, or heavy equipment is required to comply with the Alterra Driver's Standards Policy. This policy also applies to employees or volunteers driving their personal vehicles for company business more than four times per month, averaging 30+ miles per trip. All drivers should receive a full copy of the Alterra Driver's Standards Policy; if you have not - please contact your Risk/Safety or HR/EE Department.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Food Service Environment:
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length at a time over an average shift of 8 hours.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to climb or balance and taste or smell.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds on a regular and continuing basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to: non slip footwear and gloves.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Snowshoe Mountain is committed to a drug free workplace and has an established drug testing policy. This job is identified as a safety sensitive position and you may be tested at random during your term of employment.
An Equal Opportunity Employer