Salary: $54,000 - $60,000 / year
Pay Grade: 13
TouchPoint, Support Services, provides customer focused support services. As specialists, we perform services including healthcare housekeeping, management in laundry processing, patient transportation, and food service. TouchPoint is a compilation of the most committed and talented individuals working in the industry today. Our dedication to quality, exceptional customer service, and unequivocal results allow us to provide the best outcomes to our clients.
The Senior Sous Chef assists in the responsibility for the successful operation of the Culinary Department at a 500+ bed hospital flagship account in Jacksonville. This role assists in leading all aspects of the preparation and cooking of various food items, developing daily menu items and their preparation and garnishment. This position will report to the Executive Chef and will manage a team of 30 hourly team members while working a Monday - Friday (approximately 6:00am-4:00pm) schedule and once every 6th weekend. Our culinary team leads dining service operations in the retail space (multi-concept cafe, catering and 3rd shift/door dash operation), patient dining services, and doctors' lounge.
- Assists the Executive Chef with handling cost controls and control expenditures for the account
- In collaboration with the Executive Chef, plans and builds menus
- Produces and manages catering events
- Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with Sector marketing and culinary team
- A.O.S. Degree in Culinary Arts or culinary certificate and required experience
- Some progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training
- Catering experience a plus
- Large, multi-faceted foodservice operations experience - helpful
- Institutional and batch cooking experiences preferred
- Proven knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
- Must be willing to participate in patient satisfaction programs/activities
- ServSafe certified - highly desirable
Apply to TouchPoint today!
TouchPoint is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story ()
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Associates at Touchpoint are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Touchpoint maintains a drugfree workplace.
ERIN S PRINDLE