DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: The primary responsibility of this position is to respond to guest beverage requests in a timely and efficient manner. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Provides exceptional service to guests and other customers in a courteous manner.
2. Is responsible for responding to all guest beverage requests and serving beverages in a timely manner.
3. Maintains a complete knowledge of available beverages.
4. Is responsible for adhering to alcohol awareness programs including following protocols, checking guest identification and performing responsible beverage service.
5. Manages and maintains daily tip records.
6. Is responsible for completing all side work and set up and closing activities.
7. Reports any guest complaints or concerns to immediate supervisor or manager for resolution.
8. Notifies supervisor, manager or facility administrator of situations that may affect guests, associates or the Lake of the Torches Resort Casino.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Internal: Occasional contact with associates at all levels within all departments of the organization.
2. External: Extensive contact with guests and visitors.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Performs position responsibilities under the direct supervision of the Beverage Supervisor or Beverage Manager checking with supervisor frequently for directions or questions.
EDUCATION: A high school education or equivalent is required.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three months prior waitress experience or customer service experience is preferred.
SKILLS: Must possess excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. Must be able to manage and maintain confidential and sensitive information with diplomacy and tact. Must maintain a professional demeanor in stressful situations as necessary.
1. Work Conditions: The majority of responsibilities are performed within the main floor and bar areas with exposure to differentials in temperature.
2. Exposure to Hazards: May be exposed to situations where hazardous chemicals, spills, wet floors or guest behaviors may create undesirable conditions.
3. Physical Requirements: Continual walking, bending, standing and lifting is required.
BEHAVIORS: The vision, goals and objectives of Lake of the Torches Resort Casino requires the Cocktail Server to perform in both a professional and personable manner. The manner in which the employee relates to fellow employees, customers and visitors is considered parallel in importance to technical knowledge and ability. Respect and consideration given to the dignity of each customer, visitor and fellow employee is a requisite of successful job performance.
OTHER: Must possess a bartending license of have the ability to obtain a bartending license and attend responsible beverage service class within 90 days of hire date. Must attend all mandatory meetings and participate in departmental training and development sessions.