Performs a variety of duties in the preparation and service of nutritious meals to students, staff and visitors. Maintains cleanliness of the kitchen and cafeteria areas and performs related duties. Understand basic knowledge of USDA child nutrition requirements.
- High School diploma or equivalent with demonstrated aptitude for successful performance of the job duties
- Specialized Training in Secretarial Science.
- Computer skills to include ability to use common Word Processing and spreadsheet software and Food Service Accountability Software
- Prior food service experience preferred
- Working knowledge of quantity food preparation, sanitation principals, menu planning, inventory control, record keeping, and productions schedules.
- Demonstrated success in performing tasks of the sort listed below.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 185 DAYS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the preparation of meal portions which involves cooking and baking using various utensils and kitchen equipment; may perform specialized duties such as baking frying, broiling etc. and or preparing meats vegetables, salads, desserts and sandwiches, etc.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipes.
- Performs duties in compliance with safety and health standards as prescribed by USDA and State Authorities.
- Always ensures that all foods meet existing standards for quality, freshness, taste and appearance and that required sanitary levels are maintained throughout the food preparation process.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform all duties associated with all stations in the kitchen to include, setting up steam table, serving lines with necessary items to serve menu items to students and staff.
- Continues to stock and restock serving lines and removed items and or complete a corrective action for all food items outside of the temperature danger zone.
- Effectively maintains prepared and partially prepared foods in optimum quality throughout the service period.
- Devises best methods of presentation.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the kitchen and cafeteria areas including; washing dishes, clears counters, sweeps and mops floors, cleans freezers, coolers, storage areas, cleans kitchen equipment, cleans and maintains garbage collection area.
- Ensures all cooking equipment and utensils are inspected and maintained for service.
- Operates and/or utilizes various pieces of kitchen equipment such as ovens, stove tops, mixers, choppers, slicers, the setting up and breaking down of dishwashers as well as deep fryers etc.
- Communicates with supervisor notifying of equipment failures and food supplies needed for operation.
- Assists with putting up stock in freezers and or coolers and stockrooms also assists with food orders and completing inventories.
- Follows recipes and estimates food items needed; inspects, weighs, measures, washes and otherwise prepares food items for cooking and serving.
- Interacts in a professional manner with immediate supervisor, students, parents, teachers, school staff and administration.
- Performs other related duties as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the unit.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the School Food Service Manager and/or Food Service Director.