Kosciusko 110 - Kosciusko, MS
Restaurant - Food Service
Do you have a passion to serve others in your community? Are you organized and able to maintain a clean environment? Do you have experience prepping for or preparing large quantities of food items? Are you willing to learn? You could be our next rising star!
Our Food Services Associate works in one of our convenience and fuel retailing locations. We offer competitive pay (DOE), shift differential, bonus incentives, benefits such as medical insurance, paid time off (+ more!) and an opportunity to grow and develop with our company. If you are willing to learn, value serving others, and enjoys maintaining a safe & healthy environment, we welcome and encourage you to join our team!
At Dickerson Petroleum, Inc. we are a fast growing, privately owned company operating in Mississippi with a commitment to keep our customers and communities going! We will do this by focusing on solutions, maintaining commitment to our people and customers, and ensuring on-time delivery of goods and services. Our customers refuel with us through a fresh cup of coffee, a hot meal, clean restrooms, and quality fuel!
As a Food Service Associate, you prepare quality food items adhering to recipes, quantities, and prep food & health safety standards. maintain the cleanliness, sanitization, and maintenance of all internal and external store areas creating a healthy and safe environment for customers and associates. You will also stock merchandise throughout the store.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and cook for high volume food service.
- Perform a versatile cooking skillset (frying, roasting, grilling, sautéing, braising, baking, steaming, etc.).
- Capable of preparing a variety of food genres (Italian, Mexican, Chinese, American, Southern, etc.)
- Utilize basic math for portioning and food waste management.
- Ensure proper quantity and quality of meals are ready at service time
- Demonstrate safe and proficient knife skills
- Perform equipment sanitation and maintenance where applicable
- Maintain high sanitary, hygienic conditions in both the work area and self.
- Perform proper labeling and storage of food products
- Maintains proper recordkeeping, as applicable.
- Perform all tasks safely and assume ownership for Customer and Associate safety in accordance with safety, environmental, and company policies and procedures.
- Monitor supply of products and communicate order requests to Manager.
- Reports any safety or other problems immediately to the manager or assistant manager.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Commitment to People
- Good verbal communication and active listening skills + Positive Attitude!
- Passion to maintain a safe and healthy environment for customers and associates.
- Service-oriented by being willing to help others and anticipate customer needs.
- Mentoring co-workers and new hires.
Focus on Solutions
- Knowledgeable about the companys products, preparation methods, safety procedures, and standards for rotating and stocking products.
- Concentrate your efforts on the more important priorities and can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Enjoy working hard and seize more opportunities than others.
- Reports to work at scheduled time.
- Value time and use your time effectively and efficiently.
- Get more done in less time.
- Pursue everything with energy, drive and being results oriented.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- Experience in food handling and preparation preferred.
- Comprehend and perform basic mathematical skills.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing, and physical ability to perform essential job duties.
- Must be able to have full body rotation/mobility, i.e., bending, stooping, twisting, and reaching for stocking and maintaining supplies, etc.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 20 pounds constantly and up to 40 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to stand and walk for the duration of the shift.
- Must be able to push and pull products as needed.
- Must be able to handle equipment used for in kitchen and preparation areas.
- Must have full hand usage to prepare food in a safe manner.
- May need to work nights, weekends, and holidays on a rotating basis.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements over long periods of time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.