Join us at
Orchard Health & Rehab
- a place where you'll be valued, recognized and rewarded for the vital work you do each day. We'll surround you with a strong team and leadership that supports every aspect of your life - both inside and outside of our centers. And you'll get to practice your passion in a non-profit, mission-driven organization that's known for the highest level of care in our communities
Starting Pay: $11.25/hour
- Paid time off with ability to cash out
- 7 paid Holidays
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life and Disability
- 401(k) with match
- Referral Bonus Program
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists cook in preparing desserts or snacks for patients.
- Assists cook in preparation of meals.
- Carries trays to patients on halls.
- Cleans tables in the dining area after each meal.
- Helps with salads and desserts and other dishes.
- Assists with the pouring of juice, milk, water, and tea.
- Serves patients beverages, etc.
- Takes meals out to patients in dining area.
- Prepares between-meal nourishments (make sandwiches, etc.).
- Cleans work area at the end of shift and after meals, including sweeping and mopping.
- Removes garbage from kitchen areas and hoses out garbage containers.
- Complies with infection control policies in the work area.
- Scrapes dishes, washes dishes, pots and pans.
- Records freezer and walk-in refrigerator temperatures in accordance with established procedures.
- Checks stock as needed.
- Puts up stock in appropriate manner.
- Stores cleaning materials appropriately.
- Sets up tray line and performs tray line service.
- Follows diet orders and NPO diet orders.
- Offers menu substitutions and records them in accordance with procedural guidelines.
- Properly stores leftovers/opened food.
- Serves nourishments in accordance with procedural guidelines.
- Makes coffee/tea as requested.
- Follows procedures for serving associate meals.
- Cleans kitchen equipment such as, carts, tables, counters, ice machine, buckets, blender, mixer, meat slicer, freezer, refrigerator, stove, oven, steamer, garbage disposal, dish machine coffee/tea maker, steam table etc.
- Operates the dish machine, garbage disposal, mixer, blender, meat slicer and steamer.
- Operates coffee and tea maker.
- Follows standardized recipes.
- Uses serving equipment (ladle, spoon, scoops, etc.)
- Checks and records water temperature (dishwasher, pot and pan sink, etc.)
- Checks dishwasher with sanitizer strips.
- Checks chemical levels and replaces if needed.
- Promotes the image and reputation of the System by exhibiting servant leadership and providing direct and open lines of communication.
- Contributes to the work of committees, workgroups, project management, and other collaborative efforts of the System.
- Performs other duties as necessary to ensure the success of the System.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Communicates well with other associates, patients, family members, and visitors providing warm and friendly greeting and an approachable attitude. Responds to expressed concerns while displaying a helpful, caring demeanor, answers questions when appropriate in a professional manner.
A high school diploma or its equivalent preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram format. The ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
COMPUTER APPLICATION SKILLS
This job requires proficiency with the following computer applications:
Microsoft Outlook Microsoft Excel Microsoft Word
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Please see minimum qualifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to walk. Use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to stand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
EEO / M / F / D / V / Drug Free Workplace