The Laundry Attendant maintains constant supply of clean linens for the hotel. Performs all stages of linen processing, including collecting, transporting, sorting, weighing, loading and unloading (washers, dryers and chutes), ironing, folding, storing and delivering. Cleans laundry machinery and laundry area.
Education & Experience
• High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
• Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
• Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
• Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
• Must be able to constantly push/pull laundry carts (empty and full), with potential weight between 50-400lbs (may vary by property)
• Must be able to occasionally pull linens from washer to dryer, with potential weight between 25-150lbs (may vary by property).
Job Duties & Functions
• Understand operation of washing machines and dryers.
• Wash and dry all dirty linens, towels, rags, etc., as directed by management.
• Clean dryer filter daily and maintain all equipment as trained.
• Operate iron as per standard and ensure that it is shut off at the end of day (responsibility may vary by property).
• Fold linens/towels and stock linen carts, as required.
• Always practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests and fellow employees.
• Sweep and mop laundry floors storing all linens off the floor.
• Be familiar with all HCW Hospitalityâ€'s policies and house rules.
• Remove and sort dirty linens and towels from laundry carts.
• Keep laundry carts clean and free of debris.
• Stocks all linen closets throughout the hotel, as applicable.
• Perform other tasks/jobs as assigned by the supervisor or manager.
Background check is required