This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations team (GTIO), where our mission is to deliver modern and relevant technology that supports the way McDonald's works. We provide best-in-class foundational technology products and services including Global Networking, Cloud, End User Computing, and IT Service Management. It's our goal to always provide an engaging, relevant, and simple experience for our customers.
Reporting to the Sr. Network Manager, the Sr. Network Engineer will be responsible for supervising network performance, identifying and resolving network issues, and implementing network security measures to protect the organization's data and systems. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and dedicated Network Engineer to take on a key role in the organization's technology team and make a meaningful impact on its operations and success.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Develop, manage and implement a network infrastructure that supports the Restaurant operations, including point-of-sale systems and other business-critical applications.
- Manage and maintain Network hardware, such as Routers, Access Points, Switches, and Firewalls.
- Troubleshoot, design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative Network solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
- While embedding with teams, strategize, consult, and prototype alongside other engineers to implement standard processes and solutions for applications applying the latest Network Technologies.
- Drive proof of concepts and conduct technical feasibility studies for business requirements.
- Remain up-to-date on emerging technologies and architecture and propose ways to use them in current and upcoming projects.
- Strive to provide world-class service to both internal and external customers.
- Effectively communicate project health, risks and issues to the program collaborators, sponsors and management teams.
- Resolve most conflicts between timeline, budget, and scope independently but intuitively call out complex or consequential issues to senior management.
- Identify and direct changes through appropriate review and approval mechanisms.
- Work well in an agile environment.
- Responsible for providing urgent support and troubleshooting for our customers outside of regular business hours.
- Willingness and ability to live the McDonald's values every day: Serve, Inclusion, Integrity, Community, and Family.
- Cisco Professional Level Designation (CCNP Enterprise, CCNP Security, CCNP Data Center, etc.)
- Strong desire to automate everything you touch.
- Must be attentive to details, organized, self-motivated, and driven.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies and ability to apply trends to architectural needs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to navigate uncertainty.
- Demonstrated strong analytic and problem-solving abilities.
- Advanced ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Subject matter expert in many facets of network hardware based on Aruba & Meraki platforms.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources.
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations and resolve conflict.
- Proven track record working in an Agile environment with a Scrum Master, Daily Scrum meetings, Backlogs, Sprints and written Stories and deliverables. Familiar with documentation process and tools, JIRA and Confluence preferred.
- 7+ years' of experience with routing and switching technologies.
- 7+ years' of experience with Meraki and Aruba L2&3 switch installation, administration, and management.
- 7+ years' of experience with Meraki and Aruba wireless solutions and access points.
- 7+ years' of experience with Network Security.
- Bachelor's degree or three years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of networking protocols such as OSPF, BGP, VTP, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN, and VPN design.
- Experience with Large Global Networks.
- Experience with Palo Alto Firewalls.
- Experience with Zscaler / SASE solutions
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory.
- Experience with VMware solutions.
- Experience with Automation tools.
- Experience with network monitoring solutions.
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.