At Hyatt, we're working to Advance Care through data-driven decisions and automation. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision as we create the future of travel. We can't do that without the best talent - the talent that is innovative, curious, and driven to create exceptional experiences for our guests, customers, owners, and colleagues. Hyatt seeks an experienced Data Engineer who will be an exceptional addition to our growing engineering team. The Data Engineer will work closely with engineering, product managers, and data science teams to meet the data requirements of various initiatives in Hyatt. As a Data Engineer, you will take on big data challenges in an agile way. In this role, you will build data pipelines that enable engineers, analysts, and other stakeholders across the organization. You will build data models to deliver insightful analytics while ensuring the highest standard of data integrity. You will integrate different data sources, improve the efficiency, reliability, and latency of our data system, help automate data pipelines, and improve our data model and overall architecture. You will be part of a highly visible, collaborative, and passionate data engineering team and will be working on all the aspects of design, development, and implementation of scalable and reliable data products and pipelines. Applying the latest techniques and approaches across the domains of data engineering, and machine learning engineering isn't just a nice to have, it's a must. This candidate builds fantastic relationships across all levels of the organization and is recognized as a problem solver who looks to elevate the work of everyone around them.
Who We Are
At Hyatt, we believe in the power of belonging and creating a culture of care, where our colleagues become family. Since 1957, our colleagues and our guests have been at the heart of our business and helped Hyatt become one of the best, and fastest growing hospitality brands in the world. Our transformative growth and the addition of new hotels, brands and business lines can open the door for exciting career and growth opportunities to our colleagues.
As we continue to grow, we never lose sight of what's most important: People. We turn trips into journeys, encounters into experiences and jobs into careers.
This is an exciting time to be at Hyatt. We are growing rapidly and are looking for passionate changemakers to be a part of our journey. The hospitality industry is resilient and continues to offer dynamic opportunities for upward mobility, and Hyatt is no exception.
How We Care for Our People
What sets us apart is our purpose-to care for people so they can be their best. Every business decision is made through the lens of our purpose, and it informs how we have and will continue to support each other as members of the Hyatt family. Our care for our colleagues is the key to our success. We're proud to have earned a place on Fortune's prestigious 100 Best Companies to Work For list for the last ten years. This recognition is a testament to the tremendous way our Hyatt family continues to come together to care for one another, our commitment to a culture of inclusivity, empathy and respect, and making sure everyone feels like they belong.
We're proud to offer exceptional corporate benefits which include:
•Annual allotment of free hotel stays at Hyatt hotels globally
•Flexible work schedule and location
•Work-life benefits including well-being initiatives such as a complimentary Headspace subscription, and a discount at the on-site fitness center
•A global family assistance policy with paid time off following the birth or adoption of a child as well as financial assistance for adoption
•Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company match
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Our success is underpinned by our diverse, equitable and inclusive culture and we are committed to diversity across the board-from who we hire and develop, organizations we support, and who we buy from and work with.
Being part of Hyatt means always having space to be you. Our global teams are a mosaic of cultures, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, and identities. We constantly strive to reflect the world we care for with teams that achieve and grow together. To learn more about our commitments to DE&I, please visit the Why Hyatt section of the Hyatt career page.
Who You Are
As our ideal candidate, you understand the power and purpose of our Culture of Care and embody our core values of Empathy, Inclusion, Integrity, Experimentation, Respect, and Well-being. You enjoy working with others, are results driven and are looking for a variety of opportunities to develop personally and professionally.
• Collaborate with product managers, data scientists, engineering, and program management teams to define product features, business deliverables, and strategies for data products
• Collaborate with business partners, operations, senior management, etc on day-to-day operational support
• Support operational reporting, self-service data engineering efforts, production data pipelines, and business intelligence suite
• Interface with multiple diverse stakeholders and gather/understand business requirements, assess feasibility and impact, and deliver on time with high quality
• Design appropriate solutions and recommend alternative approaches when necessary
• Work with high volumes of data, fine-tuning database queries and able to solve complex technical problems
• Contribute to multiple projects/demands simultaneously
• Work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative environment
• Exercise independent judgment in methods and techniques for obtaining results
• Work in an agile/scrum environment
• Use state-of-the-art technologies to acquire, ingest and transform big datasets
• The ideal candidate demonstrates a commitment to Hyatt's core values: respect, integrity, humility, empathy, creativity, and fun.
• 2 to 5+ years of experience within the field of data engineering or related technical work including business intelligence, analytics
• Experience and comfort in solving problems in an ambiguous environment where there is constant change. Have the tenacity to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, inspire change, and collaborate with a variety of individuals and organizational partners
• Experience designing and building scalable and robust data pipelines to enable data-driven decisions for the business
• Very good understanding of the full software development life cycle
• Very good understanding of Data warehousing concepts and approaches
• Experience in building Data pipelines and ETL approaches
• Experience in building Data warehouses and Business intelligence projects
• Experience in data cleansing, data validation, and data wrangling
• Hands-on experience in AWS cloud and AWS native technologies such as Glue, Lambda, Kinesis, Lake Formation, S3, Redshift
• Experience using Spark EMR, RDS, EC2, Athena, API capabilities, CloudWatch, and CloudTrail is a plus
• Experience with Business Intelligence tools like Tableau, Cognos, ThoughtSpot, etc is a plus
• Hands-on experience building complex business logic and ETL workflows using Informatica PowerCenter is preferred
• Experience in one of the scripting languages: Python or Unix Scripting
• Proficient in SQL, PL/SQL, relational databases (RDBMS), database concepts, and dimensional modeling
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrate integrity and maturity, and a constructive approach to challenges
• Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills, particularly those that apply to Data Warehouse and Big Data environments
• Open-minded, solution-oriented and a very good team player
• Passionate about programming and learning new technologies; focused on helping yourself and the team improve skills
• Effective problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and report simultaneously across different stakeholders
• Rigorous attention to detail and accuracy
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, or a related quantitative field
• The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all-encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary