Greenwood Village, Colorado
Salary Wage: $50k-$55k
The purpose of the ASSISTANT FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGER is to direct and organize the activities and services of a hotel food and beverage outlet (restaurant, lounge, room service, coffee shop) and banquet operations according to hotel brand standards and in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervise and direct all outlet and banquet operations to include, but not limited to, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, cost controls and overall profitability, marketing initiatives, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, department management, policy & procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation and facilitation.
• Review all Banquet Event Orders and Resumes to ensure proper staffing levels in all F&B areas. • Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
• Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition.
• Monitor and assess product and service and satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly.
• Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards.
• Ensure associates have current knowledge of outlet and banquet offerings, products, services, facilities, events, pricing and policies and knowledge of hotel and local area.
• Recruit, interview and train team members.
• Maintain food, equipment and linen inventories, and keep inventory records.
• Develop weekly staff work schedule, based on forecasted occupancy while monitoring labor costs in accordance with budget.
• Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
• Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
• Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies not listed may be required for specific positions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Associate demonstrates ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT
• Observes and adheres to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
• Ensures new hires complete new hire orientation and complete all brand required training.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
• Seeks out new assignments and assumes additional duties when necessary.
• Able to reach effective solutions, poses good questions, consults helpful resources, and does not stop at the first answer he/she comes across.
Associate demonstrates exemplary DEPENDABILITY / RELIABILITY
• Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
• Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
• Takes ownership of all work performed and communicated.
• Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
• Organizes resources, performs tasks, and coordinates with other functions to most effectively and efficiently perform work responsibilities and accomplish objectives on a timely basis.
• Assists department in exceeding productivity standards.
Associate demonstrates effective PROBLEM SOLVING
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, using intuition and experience to complement data.
• Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Associate demonstrates WORKPLACE RESPECT to all associates
• Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy and promotes a harassment-free environment.
• Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
• Able to build morale and group commitments to achieve goals and objectives.
Associate demonstrates effective ORAL /WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
• Practices attentive and active listening with all employees.
• Listens without interruption and gets clarification.
• Actively participates in meetings, contributing ideas to improve the company.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
• Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
• Personally demonstrates a commitment to customer service by anticipating and responding promptly to guest needs.
Associate demonstrates effective FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT skills
• Monitors and controls labor costs.
• Seeks approval for overtime, if required.
Associate effectively MANAGES PEOPLE
• Provides regular performance feedback and proactively addresses performance concerns of staff.
• Develops staff so that successful customer service scores are achieved.