About NYC Health + Hospitals:
Queens Hospital Center is making good on its promise to the people of southeastern and central Queens to maximize both patient convenience and positive clinical outcomes. Residents of Queens can count on the delivery of quality medical care right in their own borough. In 2002 the hospital opened a state-of-the-art, 261-bed facility that includes the Queens Cancer Center, the first comprehensive cancer treatment center in the borough.
At NYC Health + Hospitals, our mission is to deliver high quality care health services, without exception. Every employee takes a person-centered approach that exemplifies the ICARE values (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence) through empathic communication and partnerships between all persons.
1. Supervises the operation of a section of a hospital kitchen, a food distribution and ward serving unit, or a staff dining room or employee cafeteria.
2. Instructs and supervises Cooks, Dietary Aides and other subordinate employees in the preparation, distribution and service of food.
3. Supervises the sanitation and housekeeping activities of a food service operation to insure proper standards in the preparation and service of food, e.g., supervises dishwashing and potwashing activities and the cleaning of kitchens, food storage areas, kitchen machinery and equipment, cafeterias and dining rooms.
4. Prepares work schedules and assigns duties. Checks for personnel coverage and adherence to schedules.
5. Receives and checks food and other supplies and supervises their storage and distribution.
6. Requisitions foods and supplies. Makes out food orders and supply orders. Maintains accurate inventories and issues reports thereon as required.
1. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent; and, (a) completion of a ninety-hour course in food service supervision approved by the American Dietetic Association or the New York State Department of Education, and two years full-time experience in quantity food preparation and/or service; or, (b) completion of a two-year Dietetic Technician training program approved by the American Dietetic Association; or,
2. A satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
NYC Health and Hospitals offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
Please be advised that proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire.