$19.00 - $19.50 per hour $1,000 New Hire Bonus Great benefits! Free Meals! Use of onsite Pool and Gym!
Era Living is seeking a full-time Senior Lead Food Server to become the newest members of our Dining Services team located in our Aljoya Thornton Place Community, Seattle, WA.
Competitive Compensation/Benefits Package Includes:
- Medical/vision/prescription drug plan
- Dental plan
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care
- 401(k) retirement plan with generous company match (eligibility contingent on age requirement)
- Progressive vacation package starting at 7 days per year
- 8 paid holidays per year; double pay for holidays worked
- 1 hour paid sick time for every 40 hours worked
- Employee Assistance Program
- Longevity bonuses
- Employee discount programs
- Pre-tax election commuter benefits
- Discounted ORCA commuter pass
The Dining Services Director in Training is responsible for all aspects of daily operations of the Dining Room to ensure the highest quality of service to residents and their guests. This position works closely with the Dining Services Director to learn the skills and develop the qualities necessary to create a career path to the Dining Services Director role.
- Develops staff schedules, ensuring adequate staffing for all shifts; works with Department Supervisor to ensure consideration of budget and quality of service for all meals and special events
- Assists Department Supervisor with training of staff
- Prepares, revises and informs servers of their assigned sections
- Supervises the Dining Room staff during meal service to ensure the highest quality of service
- Supports Lead and servers with any immediate resident or staff needs during dinner and performs assigned designated pre-meal and post-meal duties
- Works with Food Services Department Supervisor for budget and purchasing small wares, office supplies, uniforms
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possess basic knowledge and ability to perform Lead food server functions in a health care setting
- Ability to ensure and oversee that dining room is ready for meal service
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to implement directions
- Ability to use excellent time management skills; ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to use good interpersonal skills when interacting with residents, family members, visitors and co-workers
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in Engish.
- Ability to pass DSHS background check, required
Education and Experience:
- High school graduation or GED equivalent
- Minimum two years serving experience in a restaurant/hospitality environment required; Previous supervisory and banquet experience preferred.
- Must have Food Handler's permit, First Aid & CPR certification, and Class 12 alcohol certificate.
About Era Living:
If you are passionate about improving the quality of life for older adults and exemplify a values based approach to your work, demonstrating integrity, credibility, consistency, strong team orientation, and outstanding communication, we welcome your application! Era Living has been voted Best Place to Work in Seattle 2017 (CityVoter's) and Top 5 BEST Places to Work in 2014 & 2015 (King5 Best of Western Washington!).