As the Sr. Director of Vendor Management, you will be responsible for upskilling the vendor management field and driving decisive performance and business results from McDonald's vendor portfolio. You will contribute to setting the short-term and driving the long-term strategy for the function, manage communications with internal and external stakeholders, identify and solve complex problems, and direct all budget and resource allocation decisions for major projects across the function.
Additionally, you will be expected to manage $4B+ of system spend across multiple vendors and towers, drive category and contract performance accountability, and establish end-to-end governance models and vendor master data. Your experience in change management, contract management processes, spend analysis and reporting, and talent development will be critical to your success in this role.
- Contribute to setting short-term strategy for function and implements long-term strategy for function
- Manage communications having long-term operational, tactical, or strategic implications for the function. Can be internal & external and of shared & divergent interest
- Identify and solve complex problems that have a broad impact on the function; create methods to address current and future customer needs
- Direct all budget and resource allocation decisions for major projects across function with significant impact on function and company
- Restructure and transform (includingcapability building) the Tech VMO
- Partner withGSSS (Global Strategic Sourcing Service)to transform current operation model and set up for success
- Become a thought partner and influencer with Global Technology leaders to help streamline the vendor portfolio and vendor strategy (decision lies with the Global Technology leader)
- Manage 4B+ of system spend across multiple vendors and towers, working with stakeholders to set right performance management approaches and scale
- Drive category and contract performance accountability - including partnering with Global Technology leaders to define SLAs and drive performance management and tracking
- In depth knowledge of contract management processes to include contract writing, administration, change, and risk management
- P2P tool implementation and change management experience
- Deep experience in spend analysis and reporting to include savings tracking, closed loop budgeting, audit, and contract compliance
- Experience working in a product centric/product triad organization model
- Relentlessly vetting, establishing, and maintaining enterprise prioritization
- Experience in establishing and implementing:
- end-to-end governance models
- vendor master data
- process design, Implementation, and excellence
- Experience in continuously developing a talent bench
- 10-15 years of related experience
- Leading and administering large scale vendor portfolios, across categories
- Breadth of technical knowledge to guide the team and collaborate on sourcing requirements, demand profile and shaping, and defining vendor performance management metrics
- Excellent negotiation abilities and related experience
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills
- Ability to collaborate across a wide range of stakeholders, not limited to engineering, GTIO, GTRM, GSSS, legal and finance
- Conduct financial analysis, including savings return on investment, to inform decision-making related to vendor engagement and arrangements, and determine the best interest of the organization
- Six Sigma or statistical analysis background a plus
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.