We're looking for a Senior Manager, System Communications to align the US Business and Global Communications team to ensure a cohesive editorial calendar for US Communications. The person in this position will lead the development of an editorial calendar for the U.S. business, as well as a content strategy for U.S. communications channels. This will be a critical role within our newly created North America Impact team reporting directly to the Senior Director, US Business Communications. They will lead a team of two.
- Accountable for driving the editorial calendar for U.S. Communications
- Responsible for coordinating across communications as well as cross functionally to understand breakthroughs that impact U.S. business and have a key communications element
- Partner closely with global communications to ensure that U.S. activities are accurately assembled in the global calendar and that pull through is happening in the U.S. on global activities
- Own strategy and execution for System channels for the U.S., including key newsletters and vehicles for System communication
- Lead a team that is accountable for creating content as well as managing flow to System, including support for proactive and reactive issues
- Advise cross-functional partners on channel strategy and communications plans that reach the System
- Develop and implement integrated, channel strategies for key U.S. business priorities in partnership with Enterprise and Field Communication Teams.
- Support effort to execute against key System convenings and messages such as Town Halls, webcasts, etc.
- Provide people management and helps grow the skills and career of direct reports
- BA/BS degree required
- Experience with both internal and external communications
- Experience with improving entire existing processes, systems and / or products
- Experience leading a team
- Proven leadership and ability to influence and work with Sr. Leadership and multi-disciplined teams
- Ability to navigate, orchestrate, and work through complex issues with a strategic, tactical, and fresh perspective
- Previous experience managing executive-level communications
- Shown ability to develop and implement communication strategy for key initiatives
- Adapt quickly to a fast-paced environment and support multiple high priority work streams
- High level of strategic focus and perspective and tactical ability to deliver
- In-depth knowledge of communication strategies, tools, and vehicles and application of written communication skills.
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.