McDonald's is seeking aSr. Technical Product Manager, Network Securityto support our Network Security team as we protect McDonald's. This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations team (GTIO), where our mission is to deliver modern and relevant technology that supports the way McDonald's works. We provide best-in-class foundational technology products and services including Global Networking, Cloud, End User Computing, and IT Service Management. It's our goal to always provide an engaging, relevant, and simple experience for our customers. You will collaborate closely with Global Technology leadership, market leaders, project managers, Global Technology solutions teams, application owners, key vendors, and others to ensure McDonald's has extraordinary Network Security products and services.
Reporting to the GTIO Director, Global Network Security, this role will be responsible for developing new Network Security services and enhancing existing services to meet the increasing needs for protecting our users, devices, networks, applications, and data. This person will work closely with all areas of the business and technology teams to ensure that our services are meeting the needs of markets, application teams, corporate departments, and other partners.
Global Technology is the team responsible for securing McDonald's information assets at a global level. This employee will provide critical services including firewall, IPS/IDS, Content Filtering, SASE, SSE, ZTNA, VPN and DDoS.
You will run the strategic direction, technical evolution, and day to day operation of some of our Network Security products and platforms including but not limited to Firewall, IDS and IPS.
You will also set high-level strategy and direction for the services they are responsible for and set clear expectations, goals, and requirements for vendors that must be obtained as a measure of success.
- Lead the design, engineering, delivery activities for network security platforms primarily focusing on, but not limited to, Firewall, IDS and IPS platform.
- Act as platform owner responsible for enhancement and life cycle management of network security platforms
- Assess the strategic and practical needs of McDonald's globally and help ensure that Network Security products and services meet the needs of the business.
- Lead and handle external vendors to ensure they are delivering services per our standards, contracts, and meeting business needs.
- Lead the development and evolution of network security platform roadmap in partnership with various partners to ensure business value and operational excellence.
- Support the development of network security platform vision and strategy in partnership with global technology and external partners.
- Lead technical assessments and support vendor selection to develop and deploy innovative platforms, spanning beyond traditional technology.
- Rationalize network security landscape and select new platforms to deliver value to McDonald's.
- Define, document, and communicate network security standards and blueprints for our products and platforms for market and corporate customers.
- Understand global, regional and network security requirements and lead transformation, standardization, and innovation efforts.
- Lead, maintain and continuously improve the platform, its capacity and performance.
- Lead the development of appropriate platform resilience, business continuity, and disaster recovery plans.
- Analyze complex network security issues, resolve their cause, and impact on the business, and identify the corrective action needed to eliminate and prevent events in the future.
- Partner with other teams to deliver network self-healing automation to detect, analyze, and act upon network security events and incidents.
- Deliver significant value by Integrating logs, alerts, data and insights into the proper security tools and data lakes to ensure total visbility across the estate.
- Mentor and empower an impactful team of analysts and engineering professionals.
- 5+ years experience designing, building, supporting, and leading network security products and platforms including, but not limited, to Firewall, IDS and IPS.
- 7+ years experience designing, building, supporting, and running core enterprise networks: including, but not limited to Routing, Switching, LAN, WAN, SD-WAN, VPN and MPLS.
- (3+ years) Experience in leading and delivering services using 3rd party vendors and service providers.
- Experience working with business leaders, Technology Directors, and application owners.
- Have led evaluation and selection of emerging technology roadmaps and developing cases
- Demonstrated knowledge of developing network security standards and policies and redefining networks to adhere to them.
- Domain Expert in Network and/or Cloud Security.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, Computer Science, Network, Cyber security
- Have led Network Security transformation program for a complex and multinational company.
- Experience in delivering large-scale automation (e.g., Network as Code) for delivering network security services.
- Have led the innovation and standardization of network security solutions across the business.
- Familiar running a 24x7x365 team.
- Experience in driving continuous service and process improvements and translating them into viable solutions
- Professional certifications such as ITIL, CCIE, CCNP, CISM, CISSP, or similar.
- Have worked within an Agile environment. Familiar with documentation process and tools, JIRA and Confluence preferred.
- Experienced with Dev/Ops and CI/CD pipeline tools and processes
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.