Our Global Marketing team is seeking a Sr. Manager, Media Role responsible for contributing to setting strategy for advancing and scaling Global Media Partnerships along with helping to manage these partnerships. Media is one of our most significant expenditures system-wide. In this role, you will be developing, stewarding and growing our most critical global media partnerships (e.g. Google, Meta, Snap, etc) to build a competitive advantage for McDonald's. It will require you to use your marketplace expertise, strategic thought-leadership and collaboration skills to help increase local market media effectiveness and system-wide media innovation. This role will report directly into the Senior Director, Global Media. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in media strategy, planning, execution, and optimization, as well as excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Develop and champion strong relationships across the markets, global team, agencies and media partners to cultivate a collaborative partnership
- Lead Global Media Agencies in global partnership workstream
- Develop strategic approach and framework for the partnerships, identifying areas of opportunities and creating incremental value from McDonald's global scale
- Connecting overall strategy to the Media, Customer Engagement and Global Marketing strategies
- Partner with McD Markets to understand local needs and priorities to craft the direction of the global partnerships
- Lead developing & handling the annual priorities, negotiating scope and establishing commercial terms of JBPs
- Develop communication plan to enhance understanding and engagement in JBPs commercial & strategic benefits
- Advance and scale benefits, testing, and outcomes from our global media partnerships
- Identify and support media partnership involvement in strategic projects and Global campaigns
- Support media partnership involvement in data & tech projects, including testing opportunities
- Coordinate with media partners to bring digital, data, tech thought leadership to the broader team
- Drive the Brands Safety Standards work to ensure partners and placements reflect and protect our brand
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field; advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in media planning and buying, with a strong focus on digital media.
- Strong media background, skilled in partnerships and collaboration across a large organization
- Experience providing input to help influence the definition of the functional strategy and developing operational plans to execute the functional strategy within a sub-function.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt or enhance quality or value in existing methods; changing discrete parts of processes to make them better as part of day-to-day activities
- Based in Chicago office
- Demonstrated ability to drive business growth and measurable outcomes
- Passionate about QSR and the McDonald's brand
- Strong track record of working in innovative, customer-led landscape
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing competing priorities
- Strong customer focus, instinct, and passion
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.