The Senior Account Manager directly oversees one Tier 3, 4, or assigned multiple sites (as defined on attached Tier Assignment and Leader Assignment) and the organizational chart therein, responsible for account performance in financial management, guest satisfaction, client satisfaction, and business development objectives.
The Senior Account Manager reports to the Area or District Manager responsible for the assigned portfolio of accounts to ensure corporate initiatives and Towne Park cultural perspectives are incorporated within the area’s operations. The Senior Account Manager is responsible for escalating issues to their assigned supervisor to address and correct.
This is a full-time position, with 45+ hours per week expected.
The schedule is consistent on a weekly basis but is subject to change based on business needs.
Compensation: $75,000 - $100,000 per year inclusive of a performance-based yearly bonus plan.
In addition, Towne Park offers bonus incentive compensation (where applicable), benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. Towne Park is committed to offering competitive, fair, and commensurate compensation, and has provided an estimated pay range for this role. Actual compensation will be based on a candidate’s job-related skills, experience, education or training, and location.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Financial and Business Systems Management
- Understands and drives business metrics and performance measurements to ensure effectiveness, high performance and compliance
- Demonstrates the ability to improve the financial performance and profitability of the account
- Understands the contractual agreement and recognizes ways to maximize opportunities
- Demonstrates the ability to positively move the metrics for forecasting, productivity, claims, customer service, and turnover
- Manages payroll and ensures that controls are in place for scheduling, overtime, tip reporting, and timekeeping
- Ensures that forecasts, payroll and accounting reports are on time and accurate
- Effectively utilizes standardized business systems as developed by Towne Park and ensures compliance with policies and procedures
- Is actively engaged in the recruitment and hiring processes to ensure the best people are selected for the location
- Fosters an environment that retains talented associates
- Responds proactively to associate feedback and suggestions, including satisfaction surveys and exit interviews
- Sees that new associates get off to the right start through proper orientation and on-the-job training
- Recognizes great performance and provides opportunities for top performers to learn and grow
- Recognizes where the team and individual performers need to improve and properly trains and coaches
- Identifies talent and helps develop future leaders for the organization
- Conducts regular performance appraisals and provides feedback and coaching for all direct reports
- Holds effective associate meetings and ensures that shift huddles happen on every shift
- Practices positive discipline and provides accurate and timely performance documentation
- Delegates by allocating decision making and other responsibilities appropriately and effectively
- Helps develop and provides assistance to Assistant Account Managers
- Provides direction to Assistant Account Managers on initiatives
- Escalates issues to the Area/District Manager in accordance with Towne Park’s Escalations and Approvals Policy
- Escalates developmental issues to the Area/District Manager
- Maintains timely rhythms and transparency with Area/District Manager
- Establishes rhythms to review compliance to standards for their account
- Ensures that the guest/patient service experience is delivered consistently on all shifts
- Efficiently allocates labor resources to support service delivery
- Works with the Area/District Manager and Human Resources to forecast and plan for seasonal variances in business to ensure proper staffing levels
- Understands the client’s service standards and effectively integrates Towne Park’s standards to complement them
- Is knowledgeable of the client’s service metrics/measurements and ensures Towne Park is helping to drive results
Client Relations Management
- Develops cohesive working relationships with the clients’ staff members
- Maintains regular meeting rhythms and communication channels with the client and follows through on commitments
- Knows when to be present at the site and maintains a high level of visibility
- Understands what objectives are important to the client and ensures the entire team is focused on exceeding expectations
- Capitalizes on opportunities to grow Towne Park’s business by building client loyalty and creating a net promoter of Towne Park.
- Attends and leads the Client POP meetings
Systems and Standards
- Fully understands and utilizes the systems provided by Towne Park to control assets and expenditures
- Trains others or sees that they are trained to properly use the systems provided
- Maintains a clean, neat work environment
- Completes all tasks in a timely manner as instructed by the Area/District Manager
- Cooperates with management and coworkers to ensure that services can be adequately maintained to meet the needs of internal and external customers
- Treats clients and associates with courtesy, respect and dignity
- Maintains strict confidentiality related to associate and client information
Safety and Risk Management
- Understands and follows safety and security procedures
- Practices preventative safety procedures as set forth by Towne Park
- Reports all accidents and incidents to the Area/District Manager immediately
- Uses only equipment trained to use and operates all equipment in a safe manner
- Reports all potential high risk areas and safety concerns to the Area/District Manager
- Ensures all associates have been adequately trained in safety and loss prevention procedures
- Ensures claims are reported timely and accurately and cooperates with the Risk Management department to resolve claims
- Consistently follows the progressive disciplinary process to hold associates accountable for at-fault claims and safety violations
- Promptly responds to any concerns regarding workplace safety
- Follows the procedures for reporting on-the-job injuries and works with Human Resources to effectively manage worker’s compensation cases
- Adheres to Towne Park employment and payroll policies and procedures to limit exposure to employment claims and litigation
- Assists in prioritizing client relationship activities and meets with the client to present and offer additional services.
- Maintains relationships with the client to obtain references and leads for new opportunities
- Keeps leadership and sales teams advised on known changes to Ownership Groups/Management Companies or Brand changes
- Advises Leadership and Sales of any changes in position at the client location. Specifically, name, where they came from, where they are going
- Monitors client’s business for new construction projects, expansions, and changes to help determine the level of opportunity to upgrade current services
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to effectively plan, set priorities, and manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated work ethic, drive, energy, and persistence to achieve goals
- Ability to maintain stability, dependability and professionalism when faced with changing and difficult situations
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook) and various technology and point-of-sale applications
- Written and verbal communication skills to effectively address all levels within the organization
- Ability to represent the company effectively in a variety of settings with a demonstrated understanding and appreciation for diverse cultures
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business policies, procedures, equipment manuals, training materials, and corporate communications
- Ability to compose professional internal and external business communications including reports, memos, letters, and e-mails
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and a minimum of three (3) years of related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Knowledge of general business practices including accounting, human resources and customer service
- Must be able to drive manual transmission
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- For insurance purposes, must be at least 18 years of age and be able to pass a criminal background, MVR and drug screen
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate is regularly required to run; stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds occasionally. Must be able to push and pull up to 100 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to push and pull (on wheelchair) 100 to 350 pounds occasionally over considerable distances
- Working extended hours, including evenings and weekends are required.