Founded in 2013, Home Chef is the leading meal solutions company with both a retail and online presence. Available online at and in retail at more than 2,100 Kroger grocery stores, Home Chef is committed to inspiring and enabling more people to cook simple, delicious meals, no matter how busy they are.
Similar to our recipes, we recognize that variety is the spice of life, and therefore, our employees also bring their uniqueness and color to our fantastic team. We're eager to work with humble team players and pragmatic next-level thinkers to innovate on Home Chef's offerings.
As the COVID-19 situation evolves in the US and worldwide, we are taking all the necessary precautions, per the CDC guidelines, to keep our employees and customers safe.
Home Chef Sanitation Superintendent is responsible for overseeing the Sanitation department and managing Sanitation Supervisors in a multi-shift environment with 30+ full-time associates on a daily basis. The role is responsible for directly leading and managing the Sanitation team and partnering across departments to effectively and safely ensure the cleaning and sanitizing of food assembly lines and non-food handling areas of the facility. Coaching and Development
- Develop team of Supervisor(s), Leads and Associates through training and coaching
- Set clear development plan and performance targets for Sanitation Supervisor(s), discuss progress against plan on a weekly basis, and deliver performance reviews
- As necessary, resolve personnel problems by investigating issues, identifying solutions, and recommending action while treating employees with respect through the process
- Help develop effective people management skills of all Sanitation Supervisor(s) and Leads
- Oversee training program for Sanitation Supervisor(s) and/or Sanitation Leads; maintain training records for sanitation supervisors, leads, and associates
- Responsible for managing sanitation indirect labor on a weekly basis, including but not limited to scheduling to meet labor KPIs and making adjustments as needed to ensure compliance
- Provide shift level labor targets to Sanitation Supervisor(s) and provide feedback to Sanitation Supervisor(s) on labor performance from previous day
- Own communication of weekly Sanitation KPIs (labor efficiency and sanitation compliance) to department manager and ensures relevant KPIs are being appropriately communicated to supervisors leads, and hourlies
- Responsible for managing the Master Sanitation Schedule and meeting KPIs associated to ensure compliance
- Monitor daily and weekly responsibilities for Sanitation Supervisor(s), Sanitation Associates and Leads, making sure there are appropriate resources to cover all activities
- Develop and oversee all Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs)
- Responsible for executing the Sanitation Programs through leading core Sanitation functions including waste management, pest control, master sanitation schedule, chemical control, inventory, and vendor management
- Ensures all sanitation employees are employing appropriate personal protective equipment and are operating safely
- Ensure all necessary documentation for Sanitation and incident reporting is completed
- Partner with site FSQA Manager and the Food Safety and Quality Program Manager on development, implementation and training for new Sanitation procedures and applications
- Partners with FSQA leadership team, Operations, Maintenance and other key stakeholders to implement changes, new process or new products in a safe manner and implement sanitation procedures
- Leads by example and embodies Home Chef values of Customer First, Best-in-Class Team, Ownership, Pursue Excellence, and Deliver Happiness and Home Chef behaviors of Humble Team-Player, Pragmatic Next-Level Thinker and Take Ownership
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with plant manager and Home Chef leadership, across other departments (production, warehouse, maintenance, HR, and procurement), and within the FSQA team
- Document any sanitation issues and work with the FSQA leadership team and plant partners for resolution
- Demonstrates willingness to work flexible shifts in order to devote equal attention to all shifts
- Drives strong communication across shifts and departments by ensuring huddles and daily communications are completed effectively
- Follow the facility GMPs and help enforce them throughout the facility
- Support the efforts of the company to maintain our food safety system (SQF) and quality programs
This position requires 5% travel.
- General high school degree, or equivalent, (e.g. GED).
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience in sanitation with at least 2 years successfully managing multiple shifts required
- Experience in Food Manufacturing is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict, build consensus, and facilitate problem-solving and collaboration amongst cross functional teams in a fast environment without a lot of structure and/or supervision
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks/priorities
- Bi-lingual (Spanish and English), preferred
- Willingness to work nights, holidays, and/or weekends as needed
Perks and benefits:
- Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance available
- Paid holidays, sick time and vacation time
- 401k program
- Flexible spending accounts for qualified medical, dependent care, parking, or transit expenses
How We Work Together
We are humble team players.
We are warm and gracious with team members and customers. We seek feedback to improve ourselves - and respectfully listen to and accept input.
We are pragmatic next-level thinkers.
We come up with novel and unique ideas. We explore new strategies to avoid being constrained by conventional thinking.
We take ownership.
We approach ambiguous problems, prepared to dive in, get curious, and learn more. We are results-driven, always challenging ourselves to exceed goals.
Be at Home at Home Chef
We all show up authentically at Home Chef. Our team includes individuals with a variety of identities, backgrounds, and perspectives. You can trust that you'll be able to bring your whole self to an inclusive and enjoyable workplace.
We welcome people of all races, colors, religions, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disabilities, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Home Chef is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Home Chef will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at . Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant Notice click