Joining King's Hawaiian makes you part of our ohana (family). We are a family-owned business for over seventy years, respecting our roots while thinking about our future as we continue to grow and care for our customers and the communities we serve. Our ohana members build an environment of inclusivity as they freely collaborate, pursue learning through curiosity, and explore innovation as critical thinkers. Beyond that, we are also passionate about supporting the long-term health and well-being of our employees and their families. If you're excited to rise with our team, come and join our ohana!
Joining King's Hawaiian makes you part of our ohana (family). We are a family-owned business for over seventy years, respecting our roots while thinking about our future as we continue to grow and care for our customers and the communities we serve.
By living our values of Dignity, Excellence and Telling it like it is in a way that can be heard, the Dishwasher is responsible for washing and restocking all dishes, utensils, pots/pans, as well as keeping the dishwashing and other assigned areas clean. The Dishwasher is expected to be flexible and willing to take on additional tasks as assigned.
positions available. This is a phenomenal opportunity to join our 'ohana at our Kings Hawaiian Restaurant in Torrance.
- Washes all dishes, utensils, and pots/pans.
- Restocks clean dishes, utensils and pots/pans in kitchen, prep and service areas.
- Loads and unloads the dishwasher following the correct procedures.
- Stocks newly arrived products into kitchen storage area, walk-in, and freezer using first in first out.
- Knows and understands correct setup, breakdown, cleaning and maintenance of dishwasher.
- Prepares and maintains sanitation bucket for each station.
- Follows GMPs and keeps dishwashing area clean and orderly by mopping, wiping down equipment and other sanitation duties as assigned.
- Maintains storage areas to ensure proper labeling and cleanliness.
- Assists in prep and other areas as needed and assigned.
- Informs management of all needed repairs and/or maintenance needed on equipment, drains, tools, mats, and any necessary improvements needed within the building.
- Follows all sanitation guidelines as prescribed by the health department.
- Cooperates on all matters relating to safety and health in the work area.
- Understands and complies with general and specific safe job procedures including using knives safely.
- Wearing slip resistant shoes and utilizes proper lifting techniques.
- Reports all unsafe conditions or equipment immediately.
- Speaks and understands English.
- Common sense reasoning and logic skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time
- Ability to arrive to work on-time for all assigned shifts including early morning, weekends, holidays, and overtime when required. Must have some weekend availability (Friday, Saturday, Sunday).
King's Hawaiian is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our ohana.