Engineer III Columbia Hospitality Residential
Let's start off with the most important part-what's in it for you:
Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
• Get Paid Daily (Make any day payday)
• Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay (Because Balance Matters)
• Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, 401K, HSA/FSA Plans
• Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, Retail & Partner Perks (Yes, Discounted Travel!)
• Task Force Work Opportunities (Grow your career in idyllic locations across the globe)
• Values Based Culture ()
• Culture Add (Creating Space for Fresh Perspectives)
• Referral Bonus (Get Paid to Recruit)
• Employee Assistance Program
• "Columbia Cares" Volunteer Opportunities
• Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion)
• Online Learning Platform to Help You Develop!
• Tuition assistance and continued training opportunities available!
• Hourly pay ranging between : $ 34 to $ 37 depending on qualifications.
Our Commitment to you:
"People never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou's famous statement serves as a rallying cry throughout Columbia Hospitality and fuels our collective drive - and success.
Our people are our purpose, and our brand is our people. We seek extraordinary individuals who drive our brand promise of Creating Exceptional Experiences. We are a people-first organization, ignited from the inside to succeed on the outside. We are a tight-knit, inclusive, values-driven team and we trust one another to have each other's backs. We show up every day with open hearts, an inclusive mindset, and a genuine respect for those around us. We have fun, grow together, and strive to leave a positive lasting impression on everyone we meet.
The Brass Tacks
• Maintain the building's physical, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems
• Optimizes the repair and maintenance of HVAC, electrical and plumbing equipment, and systems.
• Uses and helps provide best practices to troubleshoot and repair equipment and systems.
• Provides hands-on training and collaboration to other engineering team members.
• Promotes energy conservation and continuous improvement of engineering functions.
• Records all pertinent data in building logbooks and makes all appropriate daily entries.
• Processes administrative paperwork in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
• Ensures the security, cleanliness, preventive maintenance, and repair of all engineering department tools, equipment and safety features are in accordance with established procedures and budgets.
• Ensures all maintenance and engineering storerooms and workspaces are kept in a clean and orderly manner.
• Stores all tools, equipment, and spare parts in proper location. Ensures proper treatment and care of tools and equipment used to perform tasks.
• Responsible to complete delegated work orders in a timely and professional manner.
• Assists with the collection of bids, RFPs, and works with contractors, where applicable
• May work evenings, weekends, and holiday shifts as required.
• Provides open and effective lines of communication and address issues or concerns in a prompt and efficient manner.
• Reports and addresses unsafe conditions immediately.
• Provides highest quality of service to tenants, staff, and visitors
• Participates in regular required communication with management, tenants, and other team members.
• High school graduate or equivalent
• 3-5 years maintenance experience and;
• Journeyman license or industry certifications (I.e., Boiler, HVAC, electrical) required
• Must understand electrical, plumbing, painting, carpentry, and mechanical systems
• Ability to effectively perform patching, caulking, painting, or staining of a variety of surfaces.
• Ability to interpret technical instructions, diagrams, or blueprints.
• Must have knowledge and the ability to operate tools, hand tools and power tools in a safe and efficient manner.
• Ability to read temperature gauges, utility meters, etc.
• Must possess basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, and understanding units of measurement
• Basic computer skills such as typing and email correspondence
• Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions
• Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Ability to prioritize and manage multi-functional tasks
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and within strict time constraints
• Ability to read, write and speak English fluently is required to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English), preferred
Don't meet every single requirement? At Columbia Hospitality we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
About the Building:
The elegant, 31-story Escala is among Seattle's most exclusive addresses. The iconic tower redefines downtown living with 269 grand condominium homes up to 5,200 square feet, with private or semi-private elevator vestibules serving each home. At the corner of 4th and Virginia, Escala is the anchor of Downtown Seattle's retail core, South Lake Union and the burgeoning Denny Triangle neighborhood. Set amidst the Northwest's premier retail shops and restaurants, and within easy walking distance of downtown office towers, celebrated theaters, the world-renowned Pike Place Market, and vibrant nightclubs, Escala offers everything and more.
The Fine Print
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Accountability Creativity Enthusiasm Honesty Inclusion Respect
Columbia Hospitality is a national management and consulting company with more than 25 years of experience in creating hospitality solutions and delivering exceptional experiences. Our portfolio includes award-winning hotels and resorts, premier residential communities, restaurants and bars, private and public golf clubs, conference centers, and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been consistently recognized as one of the Top Companies to Work for in Washington by Seattle Business Magazine and Puget Sound Business Journal for their commitment to creating a fun, dynamic and nurturing work environment for team members.