If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply (powered by The Home Depot) is ready for you! As one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. We provide a broad range of products and value-add services to pro customers with businesses and clients in the in the living space maintenance, repair and operations sector. Through distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada, our 12,000+ associates provide localized, customer-driven services including next-day and direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to our customers' success.HD Supply Offers our Drivers Amazing Benefits:
- Local Delivery Routes (Not Over the Road)
- Well-Maintained Delivery Vehicles (Equipped with Lift Gates to make your job safer and easier)
- Monday - Friday Schedule (No Weekends!)
- Competitive Hourly Pay (Not paid by the stop or paid by the day!)
- Benefits Eligibility after 90 days (Medical, Life, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Up to 15 Days of Paid Time Off Annually (Vacation, Personal, Floating Holidays, Wellness Day)
- Sick Leave
- Opportunities for Annual and/or Referral Bonuses
- Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth Job SummaryFacilitates load management, including the accurate and efficient dispatching of all dedicated drivers in the facility. Coach and train new and existing members of delivery team. Makes deliveries daily in a dynamic area in an efficient and effective manner. Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Coordinates the loading and dispatching of all routes. Dispatcher or customer resolution responsibility.
- Perform routine inspection of vehicle and supplies to ensure road safety.
- Plan route to and from customers' businesses and adjust for traffic and/or construction.
- Coaches and trains new and existing members. Provide timely feedback to management on team's performance.
- Load truck with daily merchandise to be delivered as well as unload merchandise for customer.
- Prepare and maintain records in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Deliver merchandise to customer and contact customer if they are not present.
- Performs back-up warehouse responsibilities and other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Problems are typically difficult and/or high impact. Troubleshoots complex support or operational problems for junior level associates.
- Under limited supervision, independently resolves issues and applies a variety of methods to develop customized solutions. May lead the daily operations of a department or team. Work typically involves infrequent review of output by a supervisor or direct customers of the process.
- Assists with supervisory duties but does not have hiring/firing authority. Trains, delegates tasks, and reviews the work of junior level associates.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in some areas. Generally 7+ years of experience in area of responsibility.