Call to learn more.
Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story to share. See below for a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you
CDL A Delivery Driver
Location: 504 Advantage Ave. Aberdeen, MD
Do you have a passion for driving? Are you looking for more home time? Picture yourself as a delivery driver with Gordon Food Service! In this position, you will be building relationships with customers while delivering food products essential to restaurants, schools, hospitals, universities, and more. You'll be required to unload cases up to 100 lbs, and you'll be using a ramp and two-wheeler throughout your shift. Feel safe and secure at a company that values and respects you. Newly licensed drivers are encouraged to apply!
Schedule: 4 day work week; 2 shifts will be overnight
Pay: Drivers average $75,000 - $100,000/year
- Guaranteed minimum of $1,200/week
- Daily base pay, plus component pay
- Paid for every mile driven, stop made, and case delivered
Why choose GFS?
- 89% of leadership is hired from within GFS - start your career here!
- Stability - you're guaranteed a route and paid weekly
- Affordable benefits plans - start after 30 days!
- Profit sharing and 401K with 4% match
- At least 21 years of age
- Class A CDL License required
- Must be able to operate a 10 speed manual transmission
- Ability to operate a two-wheel cart with loads of up to 350 pounds
- Successfully pass a drug test that will assess drug usage (including marijuana) and a background check
- Clean driving record; as required by DOT and Gordon Food Service standards
- You must be registered through the Department of Transportation Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse and provide electronic consent in order to be considered for employment with us effective January 6th, 2020.
Position Summary:Presents a positive image to Gordon Food Service (GFS) Chain customers through courteous, on-time, accurate deliveries of GFS products. Serves as liaison between GFS management and customers to report customer concerns. Communicates all customer issues and concerns. Operates GFS equipment in a professional and safe manner demonstrating attention to detail, safe work habits, working knowledge of tractor-trailer, refrigerated van, and the ability to deal effectively with customers and the public. Must pass the required physical ability test for area hired.
- Ensures safe, accurate, timely, and efficient deliveries of GFS products.
- Build and maintain good customer relationships. Demonstrates self-control.
- Accurately collects customer payments. Safeguards company funds and follows GFS banking policies.
- Performs all Sales Service functions by the 90th day of employment.
- Perform proper equipment maintenance, monitor reefer temperature, and reports mechanical issues and damages in timely manner.
- Complete daily check-ins in a timely manner with no errors.
- Collaborates with management and sales representatives to communicate customer concerns.
- Perform daily pre/post trip inspection of vehicles and equipment. Completes check in process accurately and on time. Manage paperwork to include register, credits, pick-ups, etc
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with other GFS employees.
- Maintains peer relationships in the field to share issues and ideas. Attending department meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- This position requires punctuality, problem solving and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and also function in a team environment.
- Must be goal oriented with a positive "can-do" attitude.
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language.
- Ability to adhere to all safety/compliance regulations and procedures.
- Must maintain a professional appearance wearing the GFS uniform.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this job including lifting, pushing, pulling of product.
BE PART OF AN AMAZING CULTURE WHERE WHAT MATTERS TO YOU, MATTERS TO US!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to and use the words "Accommodation Request" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free. Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
Call to learn more or Apply Below