Responsible for supporting all culinary related activities to include but not limited to menu design & development, menu presentations, yielding, etc. They will also be responsible for maintaining all aspects of the test kitchen to include ordering, maintenance, inventory control, FIFO rotation, and cleanliness. Must be able to prepare Korean cuisine and traditional dishes.
- Responsible for supporting all culinary related activities in the North American Region.
- Support the Design & Development Chefs on the development of new and innovative products for the company and customers.
- Participate in culinary related workshops, trade shows and continuing education opportunities on learning new and innovative culinary methods, techniques and ingredients.
- Work with external vendors on the development of new menu items and ingredients for our airline customers.
- Travel across the North American region supporting menu presentations.
- Maintain all areas of the HQ test kitchen and equipment that pertain directly to the culinary process.
- Responsible for organizing and rotating all related ingredients products (dried storage, walk-in cooler, walk-in freezer) to maximize shelf life and reduce waste.
- Work with cross functional teams consisting of chefs, managers, procurement personnel, analyst, and CBASE team members to achieve common goals in the Modular Menu Design R&D process.
- Documentation, yielding and data entry of ingredients used in the Modular Menu R&D design process.
- Preparation of menu items to ensure accuracy of recipe specifications and methodology.
- Learn, create and document ingredients and recipe specifications to include methodology into company computer program (CBASE) for both MS3 (ingredient) and MS2 (recipe) creation.
- Participate in team process improvement strategies and menu development projects.
- Maintain detailed information on all culinary related projects and their activities.
- Learn the Gatekeeper process and create MS3 for requested ingredients.
- Participate and support in all company sponsored initiatives.
- Support all company extracurricular events and activities (Customer luncheons, Special Events, Executive Board Meetings, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Associate degree in culinary arts program or equivalent accredited culinary apprentice program.
- Ability to manage a test kitchen to ensure it is fully operational at all times and able to pass all inspections.
- Three to five years working as an experienced Sous chef.
- Prior menu development and specification writing skills a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of food and hygiene regulations (HACCP).
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows-based computer applications with the ability to learn internal company computer programs.
- American Culinary Federation certification as a Sous chef a plus but not required.
- Culinary experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- Korean Cuisine: 1 year (Preferred)
We want you to join our team TODAY!
- Free Meals
- Medical, Dental and Vision Care Available
- Company Provided Uniforms, Safety Shoes and other PPE
- Life Insurance
- 401k Program
- Promotional Opportunities
LSG Sky Chefs is the International Catering Company In The World. We are the experts in enriching our customers on the go food experience.
If you enjoy a fast paced production environment with a focus on quality products and service, please contact us.