JOB SUMMARY: The Venue Kitchen lead oversees production, oversees quality control and provides constant communication to the Kitchen Manager (KM) at Pacifica Graduate Institute (PGI). Responsible for the preparation of ingredients, maintaining a clean and safe working environment, checking inventory and following all proper safety and sanitation procedures.
- Oversees quality control maintaining Seasons Catering standards.
- Checks in weekly with KM about any employee and/or production updates.
- Informs KM of any issues with kitchen equipment and services needed on equipment.
- Maintains recipe organization in cookbooks for PGI; communicates with KM any recipe needs.
- Sets up workstations and ingredients so that food can be prepared according to recipes.
- Informs KM of necessary products needed for each week of service.
- Maintains/oversees timeline and safety of food, including delivery to Lambert location.
- Follows the prep list and delegates tasks to kitchen staff as needed.
- Prepares cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Ensures that all food and other items are stored properly.
- Knows proper food handling techniques (i.e. time and temperature, raw items, safety/sanitation)
- Makes sure kitchen staff is properly labeling all food.
- Performs other kitchen duties as assigned.
- Organized and efficient
- Good presentation, attention to detail
- Open availability, including weekends and evenings
- Possess a positive attitude
- Be flexible and able to adapt to multiple environments and dynamic needs
- Able to read and communicate in English
- Ability to multitask
- Food Handler's Certificate required
- Minimum of 2 years in a commercial kitchen environment
PHYSICAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Must be comfortable standing long hours and lifting up to 40 pounds and team lifting up to 60 pounds. Comfortable working outside as well as inside, and off-site at events with various weather conditions. Position is contingent upon the following:
- Submission of satisfactory proof of your identity and your legal authorization to work in the United States. If you fail to submit this proof, federal law prohibits us from hiring you.
- Clearance from our insurance provider for you to drive a company vehicle
Seasons Catering is an equal employment opportunity employer that selects the individual who is the best match for a position based on job-related qualifications, without regard to race, color, creed, sex, national origin, religion, sexual preference, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status.
Seasons Catering is an at-will employer, which means that the company or you may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice and in accordance with applicable law.