Meriwether Godsey is looking for a Full-time, Experienced Sous Chef at a co-educational college preparatory school located in North Andover, MA.
What you will do:
- Ensure quality and timeliness of food production, using batch-cooking methods to maintain the quality and freshness of the product
- Director with all aspects of production; work collaboratively alongside other production staff to incorporate key ingredients/products into recipe and menu offerings on a daily basis
- Train additional kitchen staff in accordance with MG recipes and kitchen policies
- Conducts training and in-services for staff in an assigned area
- Use traditional, made-from-scratch preparation methods and keep accurate production logs
- Participate in transporting, setting up, garnishing, maintaining, and breaking down food and supplies at assigned stations
- Adhere to food safety, and sanitation standards, and all HACCP recordings
- Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimizing waste by driving sustainability programs to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns
- Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards
- Guide kitchen personnel in safe operating procedures of all equipment, utensils, and machinery
- Conducts daily pre-production and service meetings. Ensures serving food according to standards
- Additional duties may include: Assist the Director when necessary, purchasing/ordering necessary products, being responsible for team production, quality assurance, and other duties as requested
What you need:
- Must provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination. Exemptions available upon request
- Formal Culinary Training or a minimum of 4 years of culinary experience preferred
- Experience with high-volume food service operations, preferably in school environments
- Experience with purchasing/ordering preferred
- High levels of professionalism and strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication and good organizational skills
- Flexibility; ability to switch between locations and job duties
- Growing knowledge of sustainable practices.
- ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification preferred
What you will get:
- Competitive Pay, Meals, Uniforms, Benefits such as Health, Vision, Dental, and more!
Meriwether Godsey offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. The work environment is fast-paced, team-oriented, and high-energy. You'll be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do. I nterested in learning more? Visit our About Us Page
Enjoy a people and food-focused environment where you have the opportunity to make a difference every day and advance your career. Help Meriwether Godsey set the standard for hospitality in the MA market!
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, genetic makeup, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status or veteran status and all other statuses protected by federal, state, and local law.