Assistant Manager - Ashley Christensen Restaurants - Raleigh, NC Do you love good food and hospitality? Do you enjoy a fast-paced work environment with great people and fun, professional vibes? AC Restaurants, the family of restaurants owned and operated by James Beard Award-winning chef Ashley Christensen, is seeking highly motivated, superstar Service Manager candidates. Job Description
- Be a leader. At AC Restaurants, we are dedicated to creating a work environment where our team is set up for success, feels inspired to come to work every day, and has a great time doing so. Under the direction of the General Manager, you will be responsible for hiring, training, scheduling, and managing a united service team that aligns with our values (work hard, play hard, be kind). You must be able to clearly communicate and instruct the team in standards and steps of service to achieve consistent, high quality, memorable guest experiences.
- Set the example for quality. You will be responsible for monitoring food and beverage preparation methods, portion sizes, garnishing, and presentation to ensure that the quality of the food and beverages that we serve meets our (very high) company standards, from the moment an ingredient arrives to the moment it hits the table.
- Set the example for service. You will be responsible for responding to guest inquiries, proactively supporting service team members with guest interactions, maintaining a strong presence on the floor to anticipate and address issues, and investigating and resolving guest concerns. You may also work with the Brand Director on social media and marketing initiatives.
- Set the example for compliance. You will be responsible for ensuring that the staff understands and follows all company standards and governmental regulations for food safety and service. You will also be responsible for adhering to all federal and state labor laws and supporting the GM in resolving building maintenance issues.
- Assist in monitoring the restaurants' financials. You will be responsible for supporting the GM in taking and maintaining inventory, making projections, creating budgets, establishing spending limits, managing P&L, reporting on financials, and paying vendors. You will also be responsible for supporting the GM in counting money, maintaining cash logs, making bank deposits, writing checks, and ensuring the accuracy of balances.
Job Skills & Requirements
- You must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid driver's license.
- A high school diploma and 1+ years of restaurant management experience are preferred but not required.
- Strong wine and beverage knowledge strongly preferred.
- Serve Safe certification is preferred but not required. Certification must be received before the sixth month employment anniversary.
- You must be able to lift and carry at least 25 pounds and stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- You are dependable, honest, and professional.
- You have razor-sharp attention to detail and communication skills.
- You have excellent time management, prioritization, and problem-solving skills.
- You work well as part of a team and leave ego at the door.
- You are a crusader for great hospitality and strive to make every experience memorable.
- You see value in understanding and participating in the "business side" of the business, and you are able to perform fundamental business math, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, percentages, and basic algebra.
- You're familiar with the following tools and equipment: Computers, printers/copiers/scanners/fax machines, cash registers, carbonated beverage dispensers, cocktail shakers and accessories, blenders/juicers, cutlery, strainers, ice machines, etc.
- Familiarity with the following electronic systems is preferred but not required: Restaurant 365, BaseCamp, Paycor, ScheduleFly, Microsoft Office, and Google platform applications (i.e., Gmail, Calendar, Google Docs, etc).
Compensation: Salary + Benefits
- This position is a full-time, salaried, and overtime-exempt position offering competitive pay and benefits.
Why Join Us? We strive to create careers in hospitality; not just jobs. Our work culture is rooted in high performance, respect, professional growth, and connection to the community-and it is constantly evolving to better serve our employees. Here are some of the programs and benefits that we practice and believe in:
- Progressive, competitive wage model (no sub-minimum wage)
- Insurance for full time employees: health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Paid sick days for all employees
- Employee Assistance Program, including free counseling sessions
- Spanish language training programs, including free ESL classes
- Required annual DEI and sexual harassment training for all employees
- We encourage professional growth through regular check-ins, annual performance reviews, cross-training, and promotion opportunities.
It is the policy of AC Restaurants to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, AC Restaurants will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. APPLY ONLINE: