Responsible to perform necessary food service duties related to preparation and service of food to patients, residents and customers of RRH facilities.
STATUS: Per Diem
LOCATION: Newark-Wayne Community Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Food & Nutrition
SCHEDULE: Flexible: Days / Evenings / Weekends
- Previous food service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation preferred.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated customer service abilities
- Good hygiene and cleanliness skills
- Sanitation & Management. Maintain work areas in a safe, sanitary and orderly manner; demonstrate proper equipment use and sanitation techniques; safely operate food service equipment and utilize personal protective equipment
- Food Preparation. Prepare all food products as identified on the food production sheets or menu; use standard recipes and proper food handling practices in a timely, organized manner
- Leadership. Implement plans to improve quality and efficiency of food production through monitoring taste, temperature, appearance and portion control of items prepared; work towards creating a positive environment within the team.
EDUCATION LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS Rochester Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS : M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.