Each day Universal Studios Hollywood creates unforgettable experiences for our guests from around the world. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood experience with our real working movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put you inside some of the world's most popular movies and TV shows. USH offers something for everyone from thrill seekers to movie lovers to family fun for all ages. Our Team Members are passionate individuals who create memorable moments whether it's on the studio lot, or in our conference rooms, theaters, or kitchens. We believe in the talent of our team members. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives our business to succeed in everything we do across the park. We believe in a culture of family and fun, here you can make a difference and build your career!
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal's commitment and how we are making an impact.
The Sous Chef will be responsible for directing, managing and successfully operating a high-volume branded concept on City Walk. As Sous Chef, the position will be a primary "go-to" for the kitchen team and responsible for the functions and flow of the back of the house.
The Sous Chef is responsible for ensuring that the food served always meets or exceeds standards of excellence at all times. While this position will report to the Restaurant Chef, this position is responsible for setting the expectations for all kitchen team members to maximize productivity. This individual must be able to work effectively with limited supervision and demonstrate leadership in order to motivate others.
- Drive operating profit goals and sales.
- Optimize profits by controlling food, beverage and labor costs.
- Consistently achieve operational excellence.
- Develop and retain exceptional talent.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal laws regarding food quality, safety, labor and employment.
- Partner with Human Resources to train and develop restaurant leaders at every level.
- Maintain or exceed weekly budgeted variable operation profit by controlling cost of goods & variable labor.
- Communicate restaurant results to the Restaurant Chef and General Manager with recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure high Team Member and Guest Engagement.
- Mentors and counsels team members and enforce appropriate policies and procedures ensuring that everything is within compliance of venue and company standards.
- Promote company's mission and values.
- Ensure company policy and brand standards are followed.
- Optimize profits by controlling food, beverage and labor costs.
- Prepare and present hourly team member reviews.
- Complete all tasks assigned by the Executive Sous Chef on time
- Order supplies, food and ingredients based on rapidly shifting demand
- Hire and train kitchen staff in specific stations, and cross-train as necessary
- Create schedules for kitchen staff to ensure there are always enough workers to meet the demand
- Maintain inventory levels and conduct full inventories
- Schedule and oversee necessary maintenance and repairs on kitchen appliances
- Assist the management team with menu changes and adjustments
- Respond personally to guest questions, special recipe requests and complaints
- Maintain a clean workspace and all times
- Work at a fast and efficient pace. The Sous Chef is a "working chef"
- Ability to read and follow recipes as well as follow up with prep and line cooks food preparation
- Has a thorough knowledge of food cost, labor cost and inventory functions
- Chemical safety comprehension
- Analyze financial reports to quickly identify and address trends and issues in area performance, including cost of goods, variable labor and profitability
- Exceed annual operating profit targets
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Hospitality Management or a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience in high quality chain or independent restaurant group
- Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and POS systems
- Ability to work rotating schedules, holidays, weekends and nights
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
- Proven track record and experience in the development and implementation of strong training programs and tools developed to reduce employee attrition and create internal culture of development for staff.
- Excellent management skills in leading a diverse team and working under tight and fast track deadlines.
- Strong P&L experience, command of budgeting and costs controls
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate across all lines of business, and with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational, planning, delegation, mentoring and coaching skills.
- A strong passion for delivering the highest quality of guest service and superior food concepts.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1- and in the UK by calling .