Plans, directs, organizes, and coordinates the activities of the Food Service Department to provide outstanding dining options to our contracted client, establishes policies and procedures to provide administrative direction for menu formation, food preparation, distribution and service, budgeting, purchasing, sanitation standards, safety practices, staffing, and staff development. Assures compliance with standards of practice and regulatory requirements.
- Supervises food storage, production and service programs.
- Maintains inventory system for food and supplies.
- Ensures food preparation for optimal nutrition and economic handling of food as well as efficient usage of time.
- Plans menus, purchases food and supplies, and assigns duties for special meals or special occasions.
- Checks food for flavor, temperature, and appearance on a regular basis.
- Confers with District Manager or other departments regarding the technical and administrative aspects of dining service. Coordinates food service activities with other disciplines.
- Maintains ongoing communication with Dietitian/Clinical Support staff to keep informed of customer nutritional concerns.
- Interviews applicants for employment; evaluates employees on a regular basis according to prescribed guidelines; terminates employees according to standard procedures as required.
- Provides orientation and job specific training to employees.
- Plans, conducts, and oversees continuous employee training, competencies and reviews.
- Prepares work schedules, vacation schedules, etc. Maintains records of tardiness and absenteeism.
- Maintains facility specific staffing patterns to include: appropriate levels, replacement procedures, and assignments appropriate to qualifications.
- Attends department head, safety, infection control, quality assurance, and other facility or corporate meetings as directed.
- Makes frequent inspections of all work, storage, and servicing areas to determine that regulations and directions governing Foodservice activities are followed including compliance with safety and sanitation.
- Plans and/or conducts and retains records of monthly staff meetings, employee training and/or in services.
- Keeps administration and District Manger informed of department activities, needs, and problems.
- Reviews department performance and institutes changes in techniques or procedures to improve services, simplify work flow, assure compliance with regulatory requirements, and promote more efficient operation of the food service Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years experience coordinating food service operations.
- Demonstrated ability to teach others is required.
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to individuals and groups with widely
- Varying backgrounds, perspectives, education, and skills is required.
- Excellent work record, superior communication, cooperation, and organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising large staff required.