Nemacolin resort is seeking a Director of Conference and Catering Services to join our team. If you are an organized, results-oriented leader with a passion for stellar service, and looking for an esteemed hotel brand to grow with, let's talk now! Coordinate and manage all aspects of Catering, Conferences, Wedding Events, Business Center & Audio Visual Services, while maintaining a close working relationship with Sales to ensure maximum profits and yield.
- Supervision and overall responsibility of the Catering function including maintaining and monitoring the accuracy and effectiveness of all written communication from Sales Managers, BEO's and Banquets. These procedures include but are not limited to: Menu and Event Proposals, Contracts, Banquet Event Orders, Catering Resumes, Daily Events Report, and Delphi Input Standards.
- Actively prospect and solicit, develop, and maintain catering accounts through telephone, personal sales calls, trade shows, and on-site entertainment. Finalize the requirements of personally booked catering events while maximizing revenue potential through up selling and ensuring effective communication both written (Resumes, BEO, Daily Reports) and personal contact with all departments for the success of the event. Ensure accuracy of Banquet Checks and provide bill review on completion of program or event.
- Work closely with the VP of Sales & Marketing in strategizing all group related resort packages, and the assignment of meeting space.
- Ensure satisfaction of client at the outset of all events.
- Find solutions to the inevitable challenges and glitches that arise while groups are on property and keep Planning Committee promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters so prompt corrective action can be taken where appropriate.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel facilities, capacities and dimensions of meeting space and basic operational needs of all operating departments.
- Make timely and impromptu decisions, which balance client's needs with the financial, safety and staffing goals of the hotel.
- Plan and/or attend and/or participate in meetings with hotel staff and clients, including but not exclusive to: Morning Operations Briefing, Morning Event Briefing, Resume Meeting, Banquet Event Order Meeting, Sales Meeting, Pre-Convention Meetings, Menu Tastings and Planning Site Visits.
- Conduct performance evaluations and mentor for Event Planning, Event Sales Managers and Events Administrative Assistant. In addition, recommend the hiring, terminating, or disciplining of any Event Sales and Event Planning employees.
- Coordinate overall operation of conference services provided by Nemacolin.
- Ensure accurate and detailed information is streamlined between CCS and Sales
- Work closely with the Director of Sales in strategizing all group related resort packages, and the assignment of meeting space.
- Act as back-up to each CCS Manager for difficult or large events.
- Ensure pricing structure is perceived by the guest as a "real value"
- Participate in/attend all pre-con and guest related meetings, and actively support the CCS Manager, and the Resort.
- Conduct daily site inspections of all outdoor venues for physical defects, cleanliness, and overall appearance.
- Ensure all indoor meeting areas, including adjoining public space, is in good repair, clean, and appropriately maintained.
- Annually establish/revise/review all non-food and beverage pricing structures to remain competitive and viable.
- Attend and conduct the weekly Resume Meeting.
- Maintain a quarterly review of guest comment and group rating forms to verify incentive payouts.
- Develop, implement and maintain accurate budgets and forecasts for all related departments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 10+ years relevant experience - with 5+ years' preferably in a Director-level capacity.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks
- Experienced with high volume, upscale events of 500 plus guests
This job description cannot possibly include a comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required by the organization and/or members of management. It reflects management's assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the additional tasks that may be assigned.