Aspen is one of the world's premiere destinations for inspiration and transformation at the intersection of recreation, nature, and culture. Aspen Skiing Company was founded 75 years ago following World War Two in a moment of vision and renewal.
With a purpose deeply rooted in expanding possibilities, we are company driven by its values and our people.
We operate four mountain resorts (Aspen, Aspen Highlands, Snowmass and Buttermilk) with summer and winter experiences; the Five Star, Five Diamond Little Nell Hotel in Aspen; the contemporary Limelight Hotels in Aspen, Snowmass and Ketchum; world-class events including the World Cup series and X Games; and a multi-store retail portfolio.
Apply here to be considered at multiple locations in Aspen and Snowmass. The duties of the Assistant Restaurant Manager are to assist the Restaurant Manager in the daily operation of the assigned restaurant and to act as the Restaurant Manager as needed.
Essential Job Functions
• Assist in interviewing, selection, training and retention of employees
• Responsible for managing, coaching, correcting employees, maintaining a positive atmosphere & upholding standards
• Responsible for the financial success of the operation
• Responsible for ordering, receiving, delivery and rotation of non-food items
• Produce weekly schedules according to budget and forecasted numbers
• Ensure that the Restaurant Manager is aware of guest comments and concerns
• Ensure that all daily opening procedures are followed
• Ensure consistency of product/service using training guides
• Maintain and promote proper food safety and handling protocol
• Maintain a safe & clean work environment
• Complete and assign daily preparation lists
• Assist restaurant employees in the service areas and dining room as required
• Assist with daily closing and cleaning procedures
• Oversee end of day reconciliation of banks and cash drawers
• Assist with receiving product and ensure proper storage
• Complete and submit an accurate monthly inventory
• Act as a coach to address any performance issues and document the same
• Assist as requested with inventory, purchase orders, payroll & associated paperwork
• Other duties as assigned
• Hospitality management or related degree preferred
• 1 year of management experience in a Food Service environment required
• Prior guest service experience is required
• People management and cash handling experience is an advantage
• Ability to communicate and follow oral or written directions in English is required, bi-lingual in English / Spanish an advantage
• Competent with computer programs such as Microsoft Office
• TIPS Certification preferred
• Current Valid Driver License
Supervision Given and Received
Supervision Given: Exercises direct supervision over FOH restaurant staff. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, frequent and detailed review of work, training, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Supervision Received: Works under minimal supervision of the Restaurant Manager. Receives guidance in terms of broad goals and overall objectives and is responsible for establishing the methods to attain them.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Ability to reach, crouch, kneel, stand, walk or be on your feet for extended periods of time
Regularly work in wet, hot and humid conditions for extended periods of time and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces. Must be able to continually lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. individually or with assistance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. By accepting a position with Aspen Skiing Company, you acknowledge that you are able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. To request accommodation during the application and interviewing process, please contact Human Resources at .
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / ASPENX / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit
As of March 11th 2022, Aspen Skiing Company, ASPENX, The Little Nell, and The Limelight Hotels will no longer require all active employees to be fully vaccinated in the workplace. Read more about our policies as it relates to employee safety here