FullStack - Product Engineer
At Wonders, we build products that delight restaurant managers and offload the operational burden of running a restaurant. By enabling frictionless connection between restaurants and their customers, we enhance the experience for everyone.
As a company built by technologists and former restaurant operators, Wonders has strong customer empathy. We obsess over placing our customers first and working backwards, and fundamentally believe that when our customers succeed, we succeed.
Our metrics are strong
- Wonders has achieved significant growth over the last year, growing annual recurring revenue by almost 200% to $30 million and doubling our customer base of mom and pop restaurants
- Wonders has maintained profitability for 5+ years and continues to do so even with strong growth
About the teams
The Voice Platform team enables restaurants to handle customer phone calls no matter how many customers are calling in at the same time. This allows these mom and pop businesses to scale past their staffing limit and fulfill their customers' orders on time, every time.
The Restaurant Experience team delivers value by building solutions that allow restaurants to take payments, manage their orders, as well as onboard efficiently.
The Analytics Platform team powers the infrastructure used to make data accessible and useful across a variety of cross-functional teams at Wonders.
- Working in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment where you will always be learning
- Solving real business needs by turning product ideas into engineering solutions
- Participating in every step of the product development process with an open and curious team
- Partnering with product, design and other stakeholders to advance the product vision, iterate on customer feedback and lead the expansion of Wonders into new verticals.
- Being metric and data-driven and to thinking creatively to help Wonders scale and prepare for the new verticals we will enter
- Helping to establish and influence engineering processes, tools, and systems that will allow us to scale the code base and accelerate product velocity
- Actively collaborating with other leaders to source and recruit the best talent to Wonders.
- 5+ years of tech experience
- 3+ years with Mobile and/or Web experience
- Proven technical leadership in guiding teams, shipping great products, hands-on engineering, and leading critical projects to production
- Strong product sense and intuition
- Passion for building great user experiences and achieving real-world impact
- Expertise in Java or other object-oriented programming languages
- Track record of shipping high-quality products and features at scale
- BS / MS / PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Passion for the restaurant industry or restaurant technology
- Familiarity with or desire to learn our tech stack which includes, but is not limited to: React, AWS, Kafka, MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience building products from 0 to 1 in an unstructured environment