We offer competative pay and excellent benefits, including free medical insurance for full-time employees!
Avesta Housing, one of the most innovative and respected leaders in affordable housing, is seeking a Cook to work at our Inn at Village Square facility.
The Inn at Village Square is a 37-bed assisted living facility for seniors who find it difficult to continue to live unassisted in their own residence but who would like to continue to enjoy their independence in the comfort of a safe, secure, and friendly environment. Our goal is to provide the highest quality of assisted living services in a nurturing environment designed to enhance the quality of life, respect personal dignity, and to provide peace of mind to each resident as well as to their respective family.
POSITION SUMMARY: Prepare and serve a wide variety of foods for regular and special diets of residents while complying with all State and Federal regulations and the Regulations Governing the Licensing and Functioning of Assisted Housing Programs.
Part-time and per-diem position available
Hourly: $16-$19 plus shift differential
- Prepare food by maintaining nutrition and presentation standards and following preparation procedures as directed by the Food Services Supervisor.
- Prepare and serve food for regular and modified diets.
- Prepare or assist in preparation of food and beverages for special functions.
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen and food storage areas on assigned shift.
- Assure that appropriate alternate choices of meals are available to residents upon request.
- Maintain resident confidentiality and abide by all relevant HIPAA and HITECH regulations and uphold Resident Rights.
- Project a positive image of the organization at all times.
- Avoid waste of resident and facility resources.
- Must value and foster an environment that ensures respect, support and safety for all members of the Avesta community, and actively promote the expansion of ideas, perspectives, and understanding that comes from having a diverse and inclusive community.
- Work cooperatively and productively with coworkers.
- Follow safety procedures and report safety hazards promptly, according to policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- One year cooking experience, preferably in a health care setting.
- Sanitation course certification preferred.
- Under the overall direction of the Food Services Supervisor, must be able to work independently.
- Good communication skills and ability to interact with people effectively.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and stressful situations.
- Flexible with work schedule; willing to work evenings, weekends and overtime.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Valid Driver's License and reliable vehicle.
Benefits: Excellent benefit package including employer paid health, dental, vision, 401(k) with immediate vested match, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, life, long and short term disability, paid holidays, paid parental leave, and generous earned time. Excellent working environment.